• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 09/24/12: Prospect Park in Moline, IL

I played this course Saturday. My favorite of the three courses that I have played when visiting the Quad Cities (other two are Eastern Ave and Middle Park).

You must plan to play Camden II or West Lake next time.

looks like an easy par 5. i would go with a flippy destroyer on a hyzer flip then a buzzz upshot and wizard to putt

You must plan to play Camden II or West Lake next time.
I don't think my skill level is up to either of those, nor that of the two friends that I have been playing with, from what I have read. Still, I will be out that way again next week by myself and it crossed my mind to try West Lake, but the extra time that I have heard it takes, and all the water, make me very leery of it. Now, Camden I, that I might do... :)

And next summer, if I am up this way when it is warm, maybe then for the other two, assuming I can improve some more. :thmbup:

I don't think my skill level is up to either of those, nor that of the two friends that I have been playing with, from what I have read. Still, I will be out that way again next week by myself and it crossed my mind to try West Lake, but the extra time that I have heard it takes, and all the water, make me very leery of it. Now, Camden I, that I might do... :)

And next summer, if I am up this way when it is warm, maybe then for the other two, assuming I can improve some more. :thmbup:

West Lake is NOT a good place to play alone. Need people to spot/help find discs. It is hard, long, and demoralizing. You should not play it unless you have some experienced players tagging along, and even then it really can suck the fun out of the game if you are throwing poorly.

Camden 2 on the other hand is fine because the rough is manageable and the only water is some dry creekbeds. It is a hard course to score well on (depending on pin placements) but it is very player friendly in its construction. It is the course that turned me from a casual player to a lover of the game. If you don't enjoy the exercise portion of the game though it might be a little hilly for you :thmbup:

JLS, Ion (or maybe Drone), Magnet to finish.