• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 11/18/14 - #7 @ TC3 Panther Highlands - Dryden NY

namar

Double Eagle Member
Hole 7 -- Black-397' Red-461' -- Par 3

Course Rating: 3.73
No course map or hole tips though it does say water is in play, looks like a little creek danger if you blow past the basket.

Black Tee:
a30e3171.jpg

Red Tee:
ccc20c9a.jpg

Approach
da2b82d6.jpg

Basket to tee:
e8c8d2e0.jpg

looks like i'm playing for the 3 from both tees.

red: pinnacle patriot --> wiz --> wiz
black: g* tern on a little bit of hyzer --> roc --> wiz

gl river to start, then scrambling accordingly.

got a bad feeling about making par from the long on this one.

Cool! This hole is on my home course. DGCR actually has the red and black tees reversed, red is short, black is long. That's why the distances don't match up with the pictures.

I'm a relatively new player, so I'm only getting my fairways about 250-270ft. From the red tee, you're throwing uphill a little to get to the gap around the tree on the left. The teepad is also angled downward, so it's more of an uphill throw than it looks. If I get a good throw (usually a Banshee straight and let the fade bring it back left), I can make it to the corner at the top of the rise. (More often than not, I don't throw the disc high enough and hit somewhere on the rise.)

I'm happy to read other people think this looks like a difficult 3. I've done it before, but 4 is much more common for me.

I haven't tried the black tee. It might not be so bad, it is significantly higher than the red. Obviously, the trees on the right come into play much more.

The approach shot is also tricky. The sidehill that the basket is on is fairly steep! Overshoot the basket or otherwise end up too far left and the disc will fly a long way down that hill, leaving you a tough uphill putt.

Keith

Latest posts