• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 11/6/13: Sioux Passage in St. Louis (Florissant), MO

That pin placement isn't used that often, normally its in the cluster of trees to the left. One of those trees has been cut down since the pic was taken. Last time I played out there I got lucky and had a tailwind, put a first run pd about 20 feet short off of a forehand. If there's nobody behind me I empty the bag.
Left pin placement: DX Firebird or DX Teebird, at shown placement and fading out.

As-shown in placement: DX Firebird, thrown at/above trees on right, or DX Teebird right at it.

...And the the entire bag, especially the Comets.

Opto River then everything else in the bag (don't usually get to play holes like this)

One of my fav holes! I parked the left position in the 2012 STL Open with a Star Teebird, took down an 8ft CTP. I also had a close call for an ace in the same position during a previous casual round, sailed the same Teebird about 2-3ft wide right, pin high. If the wind is fairly calm(which it rarely is out there...) I will usually throw a Buzzz or Spider and let the glide do the work. But if there is a headwind, this hole can punish you. I've seen stable to OS drivers dump to the right into the woods many times. Sometimes they will fade hard into the OB on the right side. Sometimes a big anny over the road is better. The key is throwing a low line and keying in the right stability for the conditions. The back 9 on this course is notorious for swirling and unpredictable winds. With OB lurking on nearly every hole, it can get downright ugly on a windy day!

Nikko has been known to throw putters into the parking lot on this hole!

Last edited:
Its worth noting that you get some pretty healthy gusts of wind on top of that hill. Plus the parking lot and street (obviously) are out of bounds. the stuff on the right may as well be out of bounds too because it'll take at least a stroke to get out of it if you flip one over and land in there. The smart shot is to throw a stable to over stable fairway driver, Orc, PD or new Teebird, nose down and don't allow the wind or elevation to mess with you.

This hole is loads of fun and we typically empty our bags on this one just to watch the discs fly!