• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 12/26/2019 - Hawk Hollow #4 in Spotsylvania, VA

Monocacy

CZ 4 lyfe
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Hawk Hollow – Plentiful Creek #4 in Spotsylvania, VA.

Rated 4.73 based on 22 reviews.
Currently the 10th-highest rated course on DGCR. If you ever have an opportunity to play this course, play it!

Long: 421 feet
Short: 280 feet

Hawk Hollow - map

Hawk Hollow - course page

If I have the right hole, this is a downhill left-turning drive with a gap to hit about half-way, scattered trees past the gap, and an OB creek not far past the basket.

I have not played the short tee so I don't recall where that is.

39bd0a99.jpg

I have played this course a bunch of times. Best line for me is an understable distance driver on a flattening RHBH hyzer line. I want to hit the gap on a fairly steep hyzer, but flatten out as the drive approaches the basket.

Even for the noodle-armed this hole is reachable (or close to it) because of the elevation change. Miss the initial gap and good luck saving par. Trouble right if you turn over your drive. OB creek just past the basket is in play on long approaches or aggressive putts.

I was probably using Star Valks when I played this last. Now I would throw a Neutron Wave RHBH, trying to hit the gap on hyzer and flatten out as it approaches the basket.

I'm gonna wait to see how biscoe approaches this hole, and try something similar...
:popcorn:

Cow Patty on a low, flat hyzer line.

I'm gonna wait to see how biscoe approaches this hole, and try something similar...
:popcorn:

Technically this hole does not currently exist. If it did I would throw a somewhat flippy D4 on a hyzer. With my weak arm something more stable hyzers out short of the green.

Technically this hole does not currently exist. If it did I would throw a somewhat flippy D4 on a hyzer. With my weak arm something more stable hyzers out short of the green.

Theoretically speaking I probably would have thrown a Mamba...but I guess we'll never really know.

Theoretically speaking I probably would have thrown a Mamba...but I guess we'll never really know.

If the course survives the Democrats takeover of Virginia's legislative bodies the hole will probably be back at some point. (Word on the street is they will be pushing legislation to make fencing of cattle off of streams mandatory rather than voluntary. There will be a lot of pushback against it but if it goes through that will be the end of HH.)

If the course survives the Democrats takeover of Virginia's legislative bodies the hole will probably be back at some point. (Word on the street is they will be pushing legislation to make fencing of cattle off of streams mandatory rather than voluntary. There will be a lot of pushback against it but if it goes through that will be the end of HH.)

I hate when politics interferes with disc golf/cattle farming.

Latest posts