• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 8/27/19 - Tully Lake DGC, Royalston, MA - #12

chevis

flick it
Silver level trusted reviewer
Tully Lake DGC, Royalston, MA
Rating:
33Reviews:
357 Played:
78 Favorited:
89 Wishlisted:
Course Map
Hole 12
icon_hole_up.gif
393ft.
from Cool's review (worthy of classic review thread):
Cool said:
Holes 11 and 12 are in the darkest hollows of the course, dim even in broad daylight due to the closeness of the trees, and the eeriness of these holes is intensified by a wolf (perhaps a dog, for those less imaginative) that seemed to be barking in the distance regardless of the day or time that we played these holes. The signage is so wrong for these holes that a new player will have to walk the fairway to get a gander at the baskets before tossing. Frankly, if playing alone at dusk, when your errant tee shot thunks a tree deep in the darkness--and that beast is howling off where you can't see him, and its at least ten degrees colder in those damp woods, and your skin feels like that of a refrigerated turkey--you'll wind up poking around the forest floor for your pretty pink Discraft Mantis when you seriously ought to be watching your back. It'll put hair on your chest. If the boogeyman exists, and he's intent on malice, these are the holes to unleash his mayhem. You may not get a memorable score on these short but difficult holes, but I guarantee you a memorable case of the "willies" that will have you telling your grandchildren about it around a campfire someday.
sign:
afe12fb3.jpg

tee:
c8a4234a.jpg

approach:
8b268fd0.jpg

basket:
234d8d7e.jpg

Yeah, I'm probably sticking with a couple of Roc shots here to stay middle.

all i see is trees. throwing plastic that can take a beating (or needs beating) : opto ballista

Buzzz, buzzz and hopefully a putt if not zone or soft roach on the approach.

Fairways?! We don't need no stinking fairways...

MD3 and/or Method until I can find the basket.

Explorer to start, then an Emac Truth