• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HoD 5/16/2019 Bittersweet Ridge South, North Yarmouth, ME

Blobfish

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
6f0d95ae.jpg

What's shown above is the #17 approach shot.

Course details:

This is a permanent course established in 2013. It is 4700 feet long, moderately hilly and wooded.
DGCR average rating = 3.75 based on 8 reviews

Hole 17 is 243 feet from both the red and blue tees.

Other shots of hole 17:

View from the tee:
8049f584.jpg

View from the fairway:
15824f91.jpg

View of the basket:
60ebcbc9.jpg

I'd try to RHFH hyzerflip my big-z heat, hoping to have it turn over right as it gets to the road.

ar archer

You also use a lot of ace race discs... not to hijack this thread, but I was curious how often you used the AR archer? I tried but never really got into that particular disc. I use the AR sol a lot for flick hyzerflip short approaches, but it turns over too much if I flick it beyond 120-150 feet. Was thinking to go back to the AR archer to see if that disc might run a similar path in the 150-200 range. If I remember, it was a good glider.

You also use a lot of ace race discs... not to hijack this thread, but I was curious how often you used the AR archer? I tried but never really got into that particular disc. I use the AR sol a lot for flick hyzerflip short approaches, but it turns over too much if I flick it beyond 120-150 feet. Was thinking to go back to the AR archer to see if that disc might run a similar path in the 150-200 range. If I remember, it was a good glider.

I am hoping I will eventually beat in the Archer to replace the X Stratus. I use it for long anny's, hyzer-flip to flat, hyzer-flip to flat to left to right drift, and long flat to turnovers that never come back, in the 240' to 280' range.
On this particular hole, I would aim at the clump of saplings on the edge of the rough on the left, hoping for a slight turnover to slip between those saplings and the clump of saplings in the center, and flatten out straight toward the basket.
it would probably be easier to FH a Hornet on a little flex, but I love me some crazy RHBH left to right shots :D

Latest posts