• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 6/6/2015: Bird's Ruins DGC Hole 13 in Marshall, WI

puttlikeablowfly

Birdie Member
Course Rating of 3.78 from 25 Reviews

Hole #13
Short Tee: 215 feet (Par 3)
Long Tee: 275 feet (Par 3)

There is only one basket, but it is elevated, built on top of a pyramid of railroad ties. I don't recall the exact height of the pyramid (+/-5'), but you're going to climb up at least a couple of steps to retrieve the disc out of the basket. The hole plays from NW to SE, so the prevailing wind is generally going to be behind you and/or from the right, but the tee areas are sheltered a little bit by the trees to the west.

Long Tee:
27121b26.jpg

Short Tee:
ee30479f.jpg

Basket:
fca777a3.jpg

This noodle-armed LHBH hasn't played the long tee here. The nice thing is the short tee aims me almost perfectly for a smooth hyzer (PD Freak). While an ace run is fun, you'd much rather have a putt downwind than into the wind, especially with the steep upward angle of shorter putts.

Yawn. Big dumb hyzers from both. Scale for short and beefy roc3 from long. Looks like a really easy drive but I'll probably miss the putt

probably a suspect form the short and a PD or teebird from the long depending on how im feeling

Short: Axis hyzer flipped
Long: Photon on a slight hyzer

Last time I played here I RHBH hyzer flipped a Gold Line Diamond and hit the pole. :)