• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 7/19/13: Watertown Slumberland DGC in Watertown, SD

BogeyNoMore

* Ace No More *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Watertown Slumberland DGC in Watertown, SD
Course Rating: 3.00, 6 reviews
Hole 13, 397 ft.:confused...at least that's what the sign says. Do we have any DGCR "regulars" familiar with this course?

e80f30e6.jpg

Seems pretty "WYSIWYG." Don't ask me why the post says 10. Checked through the pix and a lot of the holes have posts with different #'s.

No one's even bothered to load distances... you really think there's a map or tips? Child, please... :rolleyes:
From the look of it, we're luck we even have this pic.

^ please ignore thae part about:
Seems pretty "WYSIWYG." Don't ask me why the post says 10. Checked through the pix and a lot of the holes have posts with different #'s.
It's not applicable, and didn't catch it before 5 min. :p

Although it does seem pretty WYSIWYG...
R-Pro Boss out to the right over the brushy stuff on a hyzer line... hopefully fades nicely into fairway, but something tells me wind could be a factor here.
If the tee sign's reasonably accurrate, I should be in Challenger range (otherwise, Ibex).
Finish with a Swirl APX to bring it home.

Last edited:
P-PD on an anny over the brush on the right. Approach with KC Pro Aviar, Warlock for the chains.

Looks to be just to the left of the left tree line. You can barely see the basket back there. I'd either try and pump a Rival out there or just a soft hyzer with a Trespass. If its windy I'll pull out the SDS Destroyer.

397' is out of my reachable distance. Looks like RHBH Banshee on a hyzer. That should get me within 100' for an upshot.

Looks to be just to the left of the left tree line. You can barely see the basket back there. I'd either try and pump a Rival out there or just a soft hyzer with a Trespass. If its windy I'll pull out the SDS Destroyer.

Good eye! I think you got it, looks like a yellow or white chastity belt.

C-line PD and then wizard for the put. why is this a par 5?
'Cause some places are a bit on the generous side, even with Rec Par.

RHBH Star Sidewinder on the hyzer line.. should flip flat ride and fade out near the tree line.. if windy go with the Escape

I don't normally comment on holes I'm not familiar with because I do such a horrible job of evaluating a hole based on the picture alone, but when I saw that one of the reviews called anything in Watertown, SD "urban" I laughed out loud. I wonder if it makes Terry Redlin an "urban" artist...

Now I feel like I have to say something somewhat OT to justify commenting on that.

I'd probably throw a newish Teebird or Gazelle on a flattened hyzer type line. I don't want it turning over but there's not a ton of danger so I don't need a full hyzer, either. I doubt I'll make it in two so I'll just play it safe.

Latest posts