• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD: 9/25/11 Moraine State Park

Mike C

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Fun hole, excellent course.

c0b60757.jpg

Would probably go for the gap on the right with a JLS hyzer flip. That or take a BH roller through the left gap and hope it fades out into the middle, but that'd be kind of risky.

934' feet, eh???

No comment, heh heh. :eek:

It would probably be something like Sidewinder-Sidewinder-Sidewinder-Buzzz-Ridge/Ridge on a good day.

really hard to tell, but im goin roller with the valk, bullet flippy destroyer fairway drive and cro pickin up change around 200' and in..plus or minus 4 throws in there somewheres

Screw playing it safe. Boss straight down the middle. Then either another boss or Teebird (depending on how far I got first), then hoping for a jump putt, if not Cro to the hole then my JK.

The tee shot just begs hyzer flip or other straight shot. TL for me at tffirst to get through there. Then probably a TL again considering the distance.

:) I 4'd this hole from the blues but I threw a pro destroyer up and over the top turnover. Then a Forehand Roller with a Nuke OS. Then a Pig approach and a 15 - 20 footer. That was one of my favorite holes in Morraine. The golds probably try and do a back hand roller!

If I'm looking at it right, the blue tee is just before the trees which is about 260 from the gold tee.

Looks like placement golf, to me. Could be risky to go big from the tee.

For the first attempt on this hole, I would play safe. Throw a Buzzz or EagleL right at the center gap. I'd rather sacrifice distance off the tee and have a clear lane to throw at. Next throw is a Buzzz or EagleL over the short tee, could be a hyzer or anhyzer as there are lanes both ways. Another Buzzz to get close, make an approach, and putt.

For those that are too lazy to go look for the info:
Hole 6:

White: 563 ft (5)
Blue: 675 ft (5)
Gold 934 ft (5)

Gold Tee sign (to go with OP pic)
506f4dbf.jpg

Blue Tee (which makes me feel more at home with the trees closer)
53bd3bb3.jpg

Blue Tee Sign
5e9d443d_m.jpg

White Tee:
d18be4c4.jpg

Tee to basket:
01e51c7d.jpg

Wow! That is a hell of a hole! Could make for a good round just playing the 3 tees here and trying different lines.

Gold: Enough trees where I wouldn't try to go for broke with a Vulcan, which I wish I could since the hole is so long; so I will go Pro Leopard several times starting with heading for that left gap.

Blue: Again going to go Leopard and try to just stay in the open to have another shot. Probably twice, maybe 3 times but maybe a Fuse or Axis the 3rd

White:Again will go Pro Leopard out to the left gap and look to play through that side.

How this guy played it...

Paul McBeth and his anhyzer over the trees/rough....landing in the fairway around the 500' to pin marker:

2010PFDO112.jpg

2010PFDO113.jpg

2010PFDO114.jpg

I watched him score an eagle 3 in this practice round. :thmbup:

How this guy played it...

Phil Arthur with a roller (Destroyer) off the tee:

2010PFDO116.jpg

How this gal played it....

Melody King from the 950-rated blue tee:

2010PFDO132.jpg

I hate this hole. It takes 2-3 really good straight low shots to even have a chance of birdie. Theres trees in the middle and trees all the way down the sides so keeping in one of the fairways is a must if you want to score well.

Pros usually throw rollers.

I usually throw teebird/TL the entire way

Nice pictures Jerry :thmbup:

I honestly hate this hole. I'm sure it's fun if you can throw a 500' laser, but I cannot.

That was my problem with Moraine when I played it. Many of the holes are real long, with canopies, forcing rollers all day. F*ck rollers, and the course designed to force them.

Every tee I walked up to had a tight lane with a canopy. It got old before the front nine was over.

I was looking forward to playing Moraine, but Deer Lakes crushed it in every way.