• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD: 9/25/11 Moraine State Park

When I played there last month I went with a PD through the gap on the right. Hit a tree, but had a pretty good line for my second shot with a gazelle. I think I ended up with a 5 from the gold tee.

glow valk for a roller... follow up with a teebird standstill through whatever gap im left with... probably left with a jump putt with a wizard.

that hole looks beautiful.

flow, river, axis, focus (all rhbh) hopefully, could easily get ugly with a poor lie/bad toss though. maybe a vector or zone fh instead of the axis..

on an average day i'd go with a couple leopard throws and maybe a buzzz before putting.

that anhyzer over the top looks fun though.

From the white tee, I try for the left fairway with something very very straight. From the blue tee, I try for the right fairway with something a bit more stable, since it is very bad to end up in the right hand schule. Never played the golds...all the pros I watched threw rollers there.

I play this hole a lot like I play #3 at Deer Lakes = like a wuss. Short straight shots and avoid the sides at all costs.

if i am feeling risky i'll try a roller with a beat to heck pro destroyer, otherwise champ valk/ teebird combo with a roc or 2 thrown in there

Hole of the Day gone wrong:

My tee shot with my valkyrie is beautiful until it smacks that first tree and kicks into the left rough. I find my disc, and I am forced to weakly forehand a shot out into the fairway that lands just left of the blue tees. I unleash my wraith on a flex shot, but the pine tree in front of the white tees gobbles it up. For my next shot, I try a roller with my sidewinder, but it bites too early and shoots out into the rough on the left. My 250' approach with my buzzz sails on me and hyzers back into the left rough from whence it came. My upshot flies past the chains and into the trees behind the pin, leaving no clear line out of the trees. I get down on a knee, stretch as far as I can and try to forehand it around a large pine, but the boughs knock me down anyways. I wimp out on my putt and leave it short right under the basket. I end my hell of a hole and walk away with a....

Quadruple 9.

Oh Jeez, this hole could be a workout! I would definitely play the blue tee the first time around here to get a feel for the hole.

From blue: I'll go forehand roller to get down as far as I can. It will want to fade out left and hopefully puts me in the lefthand fairway. From there maybe forehand a Z avengerSS to stay straight. After that, hopefully be in range to approach with a Buzz.

From golds: Backhand the avengerSS to hit the left fairway. Then just work down the left fairway cuz it seems to have more room. I'd be very happy with a 5!

Buzzz on a big hyzer, let it pick its poison, probably right between the fairways with my luck. Stuck with an anny either way, I'll go sidearm to keep it low with the leopard, and buzzz and buzzz and buzzz and putt. Control bogey, baby!

the hardest shot in disc golf...straight and low and long......I played this hole...really nothing like it on any other course anywhere

I think I would go low and slow and hope to end up with a long putt for 5....otherwise just take my 6 or 7 and hope my foolish competiton goess off the fairway....its brutal off the fairway on this hole...just brutal

TL TL TL TL coyote aviar

esp xl, esp xl, esp xl, soft focus, putt'r for the 5. 5? holy ____! did i just card a 5 and was happy with it?

the hardest shot in disc golf...straight and low and long......I played this hole...really nothing like it on any other course anywhere

I think I would go low and slow and hope to end up with a long putt for 5....otherwise just take my 6 or 7 and hope my foolish competiton goess off the fairway....its brutal off the fairway on this hole...just brutal

TL TL TL TL coyote aviar

opti, ever try a roller here? seems like it could be effective here.

opti, ever try a roller here? seems like it could be effective here.

its inviting...but I don't have a dependable roller....and if you roll into the rough.....well lets just say :(

The photo doesnt show it but it's quite a way from the gold to the treeline...I remember the right side being more favorable than the left......the entire fairway really isnt very wide or forgiving considering its almost 1000 ft

Gold: hyzer flip an archon through the gap to hopefully where the white tee is then archon again on anny over the trees then approaching

Blue: tl through the gap then something else.

from the golds, pro Wraith, ce tl roller, kc teebird, spike putter, all RHBH

low and straight all the way. Moraine makes you think you should throw rollers, when really it is not the best option. A roller on this hole is likely to end up in the rough. If you can't throw a low line-drive, Moraine will kick your ass all day long. Or if you are smart you throw 4 shots on this hole all about 280 feet and take your par 5. Those who don't like Moraine, usually don't understand the risk/reward of the holes. Or have not played the holes enough to understand how to play them properly. I love that this course punishes you all day long.