• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 9/4/14: Charlie Vettiner Park Hole 11 in Louisville, KY

When I played this it was out of my range so I played to the right with a teebird probably and got before the trees. Then some putted through the gap to a drop in 3.

What makes this hole is the Guardian trees with ob long and right. Seems like to park this you have to go over the road, but then risk ob.

Can we start just making HOD about what we like/dislike with the hole?

Looks kinda like a low skip shot would be in order if you hit it just right. Seems like the slope from the bend in the road would draw a shot toward the basket. Something stable to slightly overstable but not on a high (spike) hyzer.

Probably a tern on hyzer out to the right

Champ Tern I think, start it kind of over the edge of the 'road,' shallow hyzer, let it feed down, try to have it come into the trees low to avoid an OB kick.

Big hyzers over the left side from both tees, SPD from the short, Star Wraith from the long.

I'm tempted by the hyzer route over all the trees but I would probably flip my P Volt up there and hope for a nice skip up to the basket!

Star Wraith slightly out to the right to have it fade back. It'll be a hard 2 unless I make that gap

Hyzer flip an Unlace and see what that gets me...

Motion hyzer+skip. Don't want to run long and go OB.

One of my favorite holes on that course. Can't recall what I throw last time I was there (been maybe two years), possibly a Boss or DD2. With the wind typically coming right to left I'd throw something stable low and let it work. Now, without wind I would throw an Orc or Wraith. With wind, a D1/2.