• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Holland/Grand Rapids area

Patteefolfer

I'm visiting my fams in michgan in august. And I'm from montana..I throw super hard, straight, and far..where can i find a decent folf course?? One that allows booze, swearing, and a goodtime? I'd like far shots, abit of wideness. any ideas? I'm not a pro or anything..pretty casual.

:thmbup:probably the courses you'll like in this area are going to be:

Riverside Park in Grand Rapids
Earl Brewer Park in Grand Rapids
Whitehall DGC in Whitehall
Flip City in Shelby
Branstrom in Fremont

Alcohol allowed at Flip and Brewer

These are the longer courses I've played around w michigan. there are a lot of courses here but there are a lot of shorter courses in there. Those are just ones I've played that are a little longer.

I don't know about alcohol, but if you like wide open and long, you'll like Cascade Park.

I don't know about alcohol, but if you like wide open and long, you'll like Cascade Park.

Yeah, Cascade park has several holes 500-700 feet. No alcohol allowed there (keep it under wraps at least). Its a great park for big arms. Riverside park is absolutely beautiful and very fun, I would definitely play a round at riverside while your here. If you want a beer drinking, partying, wild, super busy DG park with big clouds of wacky tobacky smoke in the air then go to Brewer park, youll love it, its basically a 24/7 party with a mix of high school/college kids, bikers, white trash, etc... has 36 holes too. Shore acres park in saugatuck right down the road from holland is sweet also.

Last edited:
Courses in West Michigan

As previously stated....You may want to check out Riverside,Cascade or Brewer in the GR area. I played Shore Acres park in Saugatuck just recently and they now have cement pads and re-disigned several holes and would be a good place to check out. North of GR is Flip City in Shelby and in Ludington is Beauty & the Beast and Leviathon(Hardest & longest course I/ve played). South of GR is Ostemo township Park(Pro tees should challenge you) and East of GR in Lowell is Fallasburg Park(Now sporting new cement pads & a good variety of long/short/elevation/open & technical.) Lots to choose from. Enjoy your visit!

I think that Riverside and Fallasburg are the best in the G.R. Area, and Flip City is a place that is worth the drive to get to.

I think that Riverside and Fallasburg are the best in the G.R. Area, and Flip City is a place that is worth the drive to get to.

I would agree with this. If you're coming to Michigan, hopefully it goes without saying that you'll be playing flip and ludington. If you'd like to get in a round on the weekend at some point, let me know.

Latest posts