• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Holy Freakin Crap!!! The Saint Is Awesome!

Just try not to say how awesome the glide on the saint is TOO much, or all the haters will flock in here saying "The glade is what kills the saint blah blah blah" or "It's too glidey wop wop wop wop" "Hard to control, not accurate, not much glide gac gac gac"

That's what I like, is the sheer amount of distance you can get off the smoothest, low powered release...

Remember when the Fuse was all the rage...

Remember when the Pain was all the rage...

Remember when the Pure was all the rage...

Remember when the River was all the rage...

Remember when the Warship was all the rage...

I'll just add the Saint to this list in a month.

What's your point? They've all been worthy of their praise (read: hype). :\

And in a month?? I think it can officially be added a month ago.

my point is that every new disc that comes out now is the best damn disc ever. ****'s getting old.

These are all still very popular...

Funny you post that because EVERY ONE of those are in my bag.

They are not the "rage" they are just the best production discs out imo right now.

Funny you post that because EVERY ONE of those are in my bag.

They are not the "rage" they are just the best production discs out imo right now.

Yep, only the Fuse isn't in mine. I have thrown all kinds of stuff, and Latitude/Westside stuff suits my game. Just because they are popular doesn't make them garbage.

depends on what you call popular

us internet freaks love em and throw em

but the average Joe generally has Innova and Discraft

I can count on 1 hand the number of players in my area who have a Lat or Westside disc in their bag

not that they aren't good, cause they are and my bag is mostly Lat/Westside, it's just that they aren't actually all that well known

That's funny....:rolleyes:

If I was going to pick 6 discs to play with, it would be these! Hype maybe, but doesn't take away from the fact that these are amazing molds for their purpose.

Might would include a XXX too.

depends on what you call popular

us internet freaks love em and throw em

but the average Joe generally has Innova and Discraft

I can count on 1 hand the number of players in my area who have a Lat or Westside disc in their bag

not that they aren't good, cause they are and my bag is mostly Lat/Westside, it's just that they aren't actually all that well known

See, I played with 3 other guys last weekend, and 75% of us had some Latitude/Westside, and the odd man out had MVP. These companies are certainly gaining a lot of notoriety around here.

i'll give you Fuse and Pure as each being one of the best molds in their range. The River is seen in less and less bags nowadays because there are equal or better options out there, it's still a good mold though. But the pain is average at best and the Warship is still the new pink and possibly a trend more than a solid mold.

i'll give you Fuse and Pure as each being one of the best molds in their range. The River is seen in less and less bags nowadays because there are equal or better options out there, it's still a good mold though. But the pain is average at best and the Warship is still the new pink and possibly a trend more than a solid mold.

Have you thrown the Warship? Or any of the above mentioned discs?

I would be surprised to see a TL, Leo, or Jackal do the same or better as my GL Rivers (I've thrown all these). The others are good, no doubt, but better? I know everyone prefers different molds for different reasons, but it's an opinion and certainly should be stated as such. Maybe the River used to be in your bag and it's no longer there. But from my observations it appears as though the River is making it into more bags than being dumped for something else.

Play multiple rounds with Saints, Warships, Pains etc. and tell me there not great molds that come in some of the best non-OOP plastic out there.

Oh course that's just my opinion.

The Saint is the best driver I've thrown. It's fast enough without being warp-speed crap, and has enough glide to extend out those extra pesky 50 ft consistently. It hold nice lines, and GL plastic has the perfect amount of grippiness without flexing too much. The only complaint I have is that the rim is pretty thin, and my fingers slipped while driving with it once - sending it flipping out 10 feet and inspiring some laughter from my mates.

I'm going to try out a GL Warship (171) as my mid today, so we'll see how that goes.

I bought my first Saint (Opto plastic) last week and so far my success rate with it is 100%. I freaking love it.

My very first round with the Saint, I used it as my driver on just about every hole and proceded to have my best round ever (even at Shady Oaks). This thing is just the perfect balance of controllable and workable...just a great piece of plastic.

All the saint is is a long range buzzz... why not wait and get the Ace Race disc? I heard its supposed to be something similar.

All the saint is is a long range buzzz... why not wait and get the Ace Race disc? I heard its supposed to be something similar.

6 times I've started a response to this and failed

so I'll just leave it at that

actually

you are right...and a Wraith is a longer Roc so why bother getting a Wraith

Latest posts