• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Saint Pro in hand. DD future releases.

I agree with you new. To me it is immediately clear that the saint pro is slower than the saint when I consider the higher wing height/more overstability and the potentially thinner rim width. the rim width may actually be the same. I suspect it is, especially considering that and I do not trust the pdga approved discs spec sheet because it is so often incorrect. Even if the saint pro is the same thickness it must be a "slower" disc than the saint because it is more overstable. When a saint pro get's beat up it will begin to fly faster and be less overstable, making it effectively a saint. I really dislike the "slower" and "faster" terminology anyway I think it is garbage. The saint pro should fly a shorter distance when they are both thrown with one degree of hyzer and identical unless the saint turns too much and touches down before it can begin to flex back.

You're pretty worked up there fella. I don't usually see you say anything but tell people they're innova haters if they don't have a bag of it.

You need to consider something, the world doesn't revolve around Innova's disc rating system. I'm not using it, I told you that already. It's more of a combination of what Lat puts on their discs and what I think it's distance potential can be considering all factors. That's pretty individual but it's really all I can do. I can't put every disc into a cookie cutter mold and say it's this. It's not. Fact is I really would say this disc flies different for me than any other. I'm giving an opinion to be helpful you can take it or you can leave it but don't come in here saying I'm misrepresenting anything when you haven't put the disc in your hand and thrown it.

I don't just take a rim thickness number and say yup that's a 9. Why? Because one company does and not even the one who makes this disc? A beast is a 10 to innova and has a thicker rim than the saint pro but I can't throw a beast as far as I throw this one so why am I misrepesenting it by calling it so? He asked for my numbers not yours and not innova's. I gave them. You're free to make up your own. Also....look at the side by side rim pics and tell me you notice one is definitely not going as far as the other....sure the saint will be longer for most probably it's more high speed understable. Like I've said at least a few times though the saint pro is a flex shot miracle worker for me and it fades going forward and rips out of my hand like a rocket. I can throw it further than any of my four escapes and longer than the saint I put in the bag to compare it. Now argue my opinion is misrepresenting anything and wrong. Go ahead. You're making great strides with me. :thmbup:

"Speed" is only one element in how far a disc flies, that seems to be the problem in the misunderstanding occurring here and in the other thread.

Glide, potential to handle power due to stability, profile (in terms of aerodynamics, and the Saint Pro is deeper than the regular Saint - which is likely due to the designer's desire to maintain glide while adding stability) and how a disc fits into a particular thrower's style can all influence distance potential, but that's different than speed. Speed refers to how a disc cuts through air. While rim width doesn't always correlate to the efficiency of the disc's aerodynamic profile, it usually does. Now, the Saint Pro not only has a smaller rim, it's also deeper as already mentioned, and it's blunter. Which is why Tomas described it as slower than the regular Saint.

And please know that I totally appreciate all the info you bring, Steeze. Just trying to clear it up so it's not confusing to others.

"Speed" is only one element in how far a disc flies, that seems to be the problem in the misunderstanding occurring here and in the other thread.

Glide, potential to handle power due to stability, profile (in terms of aerodynamics, and the Saint Pro is deeper than the regular Saint - which is likely due to the designer's desire to maintain glide while adding stability) and how a disc fits into a particular thrower's style can all influence distance potential, but that's different than speed. Speed refers to how a disc cuts through air. While rim width doesn't always correlate to the efficiency of the disc's aerodynamic profile, it usually does. Now, the Saint Pro not only has a smaller rim, it's also deeper as already mentioned, and it's blunter. Which is why Tomas described it as slower than the regular Saint.

And please know that I totally appreciate all the info you bring, Steeze. Just trying to clear it up so it's not confusing to others.

My previous statement was not to the saint pro being slower than the saint, but to people that say "the rim is 1.9 so its a speed 9"...not taking into account what you have mentioned...ie rim depth and how sharp/blunt the outter rim is, etc. Theres no point in shooting down helpful insight to discs from certain people because you want to generalize based on a system that is only specific to one manufacturer that doesnt take into account the physics of disc flight as apposed to "bigger rim, faster disc"....which implies that a 2.3 rim that is as blunt as a rattler will be faster than a 2.0 rim with the sharpness of a katana.

Is this a MVP thread? Seems like it.

Not sure but you got people who haven't and likely won't throw a disc telling you they know what should be stamped on it better than anyone because of another company's system and the rest complaining about a lack of rocs. I'm not interested it either so that's when I stop posting to a thread. People should just throw it if they want and give their own opinions and call that right. I guess you need to open a thread with a disclaimer around here these days. Opinion to follow, you might not agree but if you don't add to the discussion at hand back out now. Plenty of good threads get buried by this nonsense. De nada to those who were thankful for the opinion. :hfive:

has anyone compared these to proton volts? They sound very similar, with the pro saint maybe a touch more OS. Maybe Shock would be a better comparison?

Not sure but you got people who haven't and likely won't throw a disc telling you they know what should be stamped on it better than anyone because of another company's system and the rest complaining about a lack of rocs. I'm not interested it either so that's when I stop posting to a thread. People should just throw it if they want and give their own opinions and call that right. I guess you need to open a thread with a disclaimer around here these days. Opinion to follow, you might not agree but if you don't add to the discussion at hand back out now. Plenty of good threads get buried by this nonsense. De nada to those who were thankful for the opinion. :hfive:

Thanks for taking the time to share your feelings and observations on how this new disc flys for you personally.
I am looking forward to purchasing a few of them to find out for myself.
At wich time i will post my intentions to marry this disc and have its babies.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feelings and observations on how this new disc flys for you personally.
I am looking forward to purchasing a few of them to find out for myself.
At wich time i will post my intentions to marry this disc and have its babies.

haha no problem. Thanks for reading. I don't want to sound pissy or anything I'm not. I am glad new013 and others gave their opinions but I understand that's what it is. I just wish mine could be viewed for what it is too. An opinion of one person. In hindsight I should have just said a 9 and let them pick that apart. I know it's a nine in typical dimensions or even an 8. I'm saying I threw one and it doesn't fly like some speed 8 fairway driver. It's a flexing control driver that comes out hot and long for me like a speed 10. That's it. Just wish we didn't need to pick apart and analyze an opinion like it's coming from some scripture. I'm not a holy man just someone who is impressed by a new disc that I didn't expect to be this good. Keep the opinions coming

Last edited:
has anyone compared these to proton volts? They sound very similar, with the pro saint maybe a touch more OS. Maybe Shock would be a better comparison?

I don't throw any MVP really it's not the right texture for me and I'm just not an overmold guy. From what I read and hear about them though this will be a lot more like a shock. With your form I bet you could keep it on a hyzer line the entire time and push them easily past 400. I hope to see a video of that. :thmbup:

I might look into trading for a Saint and Pro Saint sometime soon and doing a comparison video. The Saint always sounded like a fun disc.

Don't think you understand. I was balking at the bickering usually found in MVP threads. I for one enjoy your pre reviews. This bickering over disc flights is asinine, we all throw different, and arguing about disc flights is pointless,until you throw a disc yourself reviews should be taken with a grain of salt.

Don't think you understand. I was balking at the bickering usually found in MVP threads. I for one enjoy your pre reviews. This bickering over disc flights is asinine, we all throw different, and arguing about disc flights is pointless,until you throw a disc yourself reviews should be taken with a grain of salt.

Oh I knew where you were coming from. That wasn't aimed at you. I quoted you because I thought you were right it was turning into another typical pissing contest. Glad you enjoyed the read. You'll like the disc even more.

Oh I knew where you were coming from. That wasn't aimed at you. I quoted you because I thought you were right it was turning into another typical pissing contest. Glad you enjoyed the read. You'll like the disc even more.
Gotcha! I was thinking that was the case! Either way don't let the few deter you from posting your insight is greatly appreciated! I'm jealous of your location and closeness to dd! Since the stag let me down this is the disc I have been waiting for. The escape was way too close to my saints, and the saint pro sounds fantastic!

Latest posts