• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Home Course

trashmonster1985

Birdie Member
so i tend to move a lot, so my "home" course changes throughout the years. i'm curious where everyone elses home courses are. or have been. so here are mine.

Bijou DGC in S. Lake Tahoe, CA. 1 1/2 years (also my first course ever)
Moore Park in Klamath Falls, OR. 6 months
Frog Creek in Ashland, OR. 7 months
Mt Shasta DG Complex in Mt Shasta, CA. 10 months (currently residing)

Pratt Park, Fredericksburg, VA 2001-2006
The Grange, Spotsylvania, VA 2006-present
I also play Hawk Hollow (Spotsylvania, VA) & Loriella Park (Spotsylvania, VA) almost as much as I ever have my "home" course.

Even though it is about an hour away, Roscoe Ewing is where I have my roots

Local Course would be Ashland High School. its not horrible just not apealing.

It's five minutes away, and I like it. It's Rankin Lake DGC. And it's great. Very underrated course.

My home course is Freeman Lake. A fantastic course, very fun, well-maintained year round, and challenging, plus it's only 15min from the house!

I guess I have to call my home course Naples, NY but I live in Canandaigua...so I'm just as close to MCC and Ellison.

If I'm just picking my favorites in the area and calling them my home courses I'll pick:

Naples
Ellison
Basil
Parma

They're all different in awesome ways.

\/\/

originally gillies creek in richmond, va. followed chronologically by dorey park in richmond, loriella park in spotsylvania, and now hawk hollow.

Buckhorn - New Hill, NC

UNC - Chapel Hill, NC

Cedarock / Wellspring - Burlington, NC

I started out playing Buckhorn exclusively, but UNC and Cedarock are too good to ignore. I play them all frequently.

'93-bayville disc golf course in va. beach, va
2000-2005?-i lived on a remote chain of islands(obx, nc) and ace run ranch in suffolk, va or ecu in greenville, nc were closest
2005-present-tc3 in dryden, ny

Everywhere I've lived, I've had a close ok course, and a course that was a little further but better, so they ended up both getting lots of play. In San Diego, my home courses were Morley Field, and Montiel Park. Moved to Bloomington IN, and played Crestmont/Karst a lot. Now I live in Chicago, and end up playing Fink Park and Willow Stream Park a lot.

It's five minutes away, and I like it. It's Rankin Lake DGC. And it's great. Very underrated course.

I love Rankin Lake, we have a rebar shop right up the street that I visit occasionally and I get to play it.

As for us:

2001-2002 Newport News Park, Newport News VA
Hiatus
2009- Alexander Park, Lawrenceville GA

Latest posts