• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Home Course

I just got a new home course put in about 5 minutes away: MetCenter DGC. It's a championship level Houck designed course with dual concrete tees and many legitimate par 4's and a 1000'+ par 5. It's still a little rough around the edges since it's brand new so I'm going to hold off on reviewing it until it's completely finished. But it's already one of hell of a home course.

I just got a new home course put in about 5 minutes away: MetCenter DGC. It's a championship level Houck designed course with dual concrete tees and many legitimate par 4's and a 1000'+ par 5.

I've always played everyhole on every course as a par 3 since ive started playing. Even the 700-800 footers get played as par 3 around here by everybody. Im wondering how many people play with par 4-5, ive heard of people playing with holes as a par 4-5 but theyre usually beginners looking at the tee pole's suggestion which no-body uses for a real par, or if people play par 3 like around all our local parks? If courses played par as 4-5 on some holes your score would drop. Ive just never played that way.

05/2008 to 07/2008 Castle Hayne Park, Wilmington, NC
08/2008 to 10/2008 Mint Hill Park, Charlotte , NC (moved to Charlotte on temporary assignment)
11/2008 to present Castle Hayne Park, Wilmington, NC

Got to the DC area in the late 80's and we always had 6 - 8 course to play, so I guess I wouldn't say I had a home course.

Then in 91, I live minutes away from this old, little course:http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1536 in McLean. I found myself working on the course more then I was playing the course for about a year.

I now have another course I find myself working on more then playing: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=2473 in Lorton. It has swept me off my feet and I can't seem to get enough of her.

But I guess it doesn't really matter to me where the course is. If I'm out playing, I'm home! :)

I've always played everyhole on every course as a par 3 since ive started playing. Even the 700-800 footers get played as par 3 around here by everybody. Im wondering how many people play with par 4-5, ive heard of people playing with holes as a par 4-5 but theyre usually beginners looking at the tee pole's suggestion which no-body uses for a real par, or if people play par 3 like around all our local parks? If courses played par as 4-5 on some holes your score would drop. Ive just never played that way.

Wow, never heard this brought up before. ;)

It honestly doesn't matter to me whether I'm playing by the course signs or all holes as par 3, in the end it's not going to affect the total number of shots so it really doesn't matter. I have friends that prefer all 3's and other friends that play by the signs so I'll just play which ever way they prefer.

Back in the day most courses were all par 3 courses, but nowadays new courses are going in that are much longer and more demanding. The very definition of par states "an amount taken as an average or norm" so if you use that definition it wouldn't make sense to call a 1000'+ hole a par 3 when the average for that hole will be much higher than 3. The definition also states that par is "an accepted standard" so if everyone in your group/tourney/league accept all holes as par 3, then that is also fine. In the end, as long as everyone that is competing against one another at a given time agree on the par assignments, it doesn't matter what number you assign to par.

Red Arrow Park in Oshkosh, WI. Not a very good course but some fun technical shots and the fact that its only about 10 minutes away make it a pretty good time.

Only like 5 minutes from my house. :D By far my most played course. It's short, and not in the best shape, but it's still enjoyable.

there are a handful of courses within 10 mins of my current location but i consider Bryan Park in Richmond, VA my home course

I have to say that mine is Bracketts Bluff (now that I have paid for the "membership"). Before that I called Kilborne TPC and North Cabarrus Park DGC my "home course". I only live about 5 miles from the Bluff.

Hopefully next year you'll have a couple more close by. Fisher Farm Park should get 18, and Bailey Road Park is, pending design approval, gonna get upgraded and get another 9.

I am about 2 hours from Brackett's Bluff and am thinking about a membership. Great course. Great people. I shot like sh*t and still love the place. I will be back one way or another.

2 hours 'eh? Thats quite a drive!

I would love to come up that way just to play Buckhorn. I read the reviews and I am just itchin' to get up there.

WHEN I SEE PROS TAKING 4'S AND 5'S ON A HOLE...THERE IS A NEED FOR PAR 4'S AND 5'S..sorry for yelling..it is just easier to say everything is a 3(54), but there are holes out there where a 3 will get you a stroke or 2 on the competition

BAILEY!?!

Hopefully next year you'll have a couple more close by. Fisher Farm Park should get 18, and Bailey Road Park is, pending design approval, gonna get upgraded and get another 9.

Yeah, I talked with Stan McDaniel up at the Bluff this last summer (or was it when I ran into him down at Elon?) and he mentioned the good news about the future of Fisher Farm....

But Bailey might/is going to be an 18 in the near future??? I would rather they made an 18 down at Bradford Park down there on Hiway 73 (know where I'm talking about?). Bailey just duznt fix the itch, UNLESS of course they put the new 9 sumwhere back in the woods!

started playing at Zilker in Austin

moved to Circle C when I moved out to the burbs. played recently after upgrades and it is great.

currently Creekside in Utah one of the first courses around. good place to play can get busy. plus then just put in tons of new basket locations!!! :)

Yeah, I talked with Stan McDaniel up at the Bluff this last summer (or was it when I ran into him down at Elon?) and he mentioned the good news about the future of Fisher Farm....

But Bailey might/is going to be an 18 in the near future??? I would rather they made an 18 down at Bradford Park down there on Hiway 73 (know where I'm talking about?). Bailey just duznt fix the itch, UNLESS of course they put the new 9 sumwhere back in the woods!

Not sure I've been to Bradford, if the new Robbins Park ever gets built in Cornelius it will have 18 as well. At Bailey, they are supposed to redesign the 9 holes that are there and add 9 more in the woods. I've walked all back in the woods and there is great potential back there, but it will have to be approved by parks and rec.

Rosedale uptop/down under 3 blocks away in KC for the home courses
Waterworks 10 minute drive, swope 15 min drive, cliff drive 15 min drive
Its good to live in KC.