• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Home Made Disc Golf Storage Unit

EagleZT

Birdie Member
Hey Y'all,

I made a home made disc golf shelf after getting tired of them sitting in my bag and/or being scattered about.

5937900956_bc6727e5e5_z.jpg

Its 3 Feet Tall, 2 Feet Long, and 5" Wide to support the Discs. I used 3/4" PVC Sched 40 Pipe

3 Shelves one each for Drivers, Mids, and Putters

Used some Tennis Balls as book-ends for my discs so they wouldn't shift

If you interested in the Parts list let me know.

Hope you enjoy and let me know what you think.

I like that. I think I'll make something like that for myself. I've got over 100 discs in 3 bags and various plastic storage bins and crates.

Very nice!!! but if I would do something like that then my wife would see exactly how many disc's I own.......and thats never a good thing!

Nice job, dude.

I have already begun brainstorming mine. It will be made of wood and about twice as wide as yours. But I love the tennis ball idea. I think I might steal it!

Parts list:

All PVC (schedule 40) is 3/4"
8 2' sections
4 5" sections
12 9" sections.

8 cross connectors +
4 elbow connectors
4 tennis balls ( cut two 1.5" slits in each ball)

PVC primer and glue (I found it in a 2 pack)

I will put some instructions on here and a schematic later on

Why not use 3/4 tees instead of crosses? Would look better and might save you a couple cents. Great idea!

Very nice!!! but if I would do something like that then my wife would see exactly how many disc's I own.......and thats never a good thing!

Yeah if mine knew how many I have she would freak out....

Why not use 3/4 tees instead of crosses? Would look better and might save you a couple cents. Great idea!

That was the original intention, but my hardware store was 2 short of the T's I needed in 3/4" size. Had to improvise on the fly.

BTW, the pic is me and the mrs. discs all together.

my wife always says regarding purchasing discs

"Another disc? You don't even throw all of them in a single round."

My response usually falls around I could be blowing money on cigs and illegal drugs, but Disc Golf is my drug! :hfive:

Here's my CD rack style disc holder! Custom made with 1/2 inch sheet plastic. Yet to be filled, but it's a work in progress :thmbup:

rack.jpg

Hey Eagle, if you took some of that pipe insulation that covers the whole pipe, it would really protect the edges of your discs and would also eliminate the tennis balls.

Just a thought

about how much did this cost? im looking to make something, but really short on funds.

I spent maybe $40-45ish on it. I got 15' of extra pipe in case I screwed up and I had some extra connectors because I was going to go 4 racks, but decided against it. My total at the register was $52, but with my returns knocks it down about 10 bucks. Those little connectors are the most expensive parts. The pipe was for 10' $1.75 at Lowes and the 5' was $1.45 ish.

Hey Eagle, if you took some of that pipe insulation that covers the whole pipe, it would really protect the edges of your discs and would also eliminate the tennis balls.

Just a thought

Hadnt thought of that. Might look into it. The only problem I would run into is my lower shelve would cause to tip if I insulated it, but its only the putters on the bottom.

Here's my CD rack style disc holder! Custom made with 1/2 inch sheet plastic. Yet to be filled, but it's a work in progress :thmbup:

rack.jpg

Thats pretty nice looking there barg...

I love that disc golf is not too cool for the "bushcraft" as I call it. One of the reasons I quit playing ball golf. Its not cool to show up with a home made ball golf push cart at the local course.

Latest posts