• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Homemade DiscCatcher Gallery

very nicely done. yeah did does look like you need to make a loop where the chain is held at the top of the basket so that the chain doesnt slide when discs hit them. prevent the spit outs!

Everything is closed off now, I took this picture 10 seconds after we finished it. Got the idea from the Mach V baskets where the loops are bigger for the outer chains. the chain we used is a little bit heavier, and the little bit of slide that occurs actually catches quite nicely. I think i can count on one hand then amount of spitouts we've had and it was built almost a year ago.

Everything is closed off now, I took this picture 10 seconds after we finished it. Got the idea from the Mach V baskets where the loops are bigger for the outer chains. the chain we used is a little bit heavier, and the little bit of slide that occurs actually catches quite nicely. I think i can count on one hand then amount of spitouts we've had and it was built almost a year ago.

Nice friend... and hobby to have.

Rain, rain, come again... build another basket, friend. :p

My brother sent me a picture of this thing that his buddy put together up in Tennessee :eek:. I think I would get a tetanus shot before I would play on this thing!

attachment.php

2011 Pine Basket

This beauty will be catching putts at The Hi-View Disc Golf Course in Sphinx Park, Colorado.

Attachments

• IMG_2759.jpg
    IMG_2759.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 149
Show me you homemade targets

In order to improve my game, I constructed my own Target

Attachments

• goal.jpg
    goal.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 114
Homemade targets on a budget

Thought I would share some images of my home made targets I use around the yard. They work great, and for about $7 bucks a piece, they are a perfect alternative to the expensive baskets.

they did require drilling through some old discs, but after much debate over other materials as a topper, these old discs worked perfect, other things used were pvc conduit, some thin chain, hook-eyelets, and 45 degree shelf brackets. I used the electrical tape to "stripe" the pvc, and is highly visible from a distance

tell me how you like/dislike em?

Attachments

• IMG_0431.jpg
    IMG_0431.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_0433.jpg
    IMG_0433.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_0435.jpg
    IMG_0435.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 220
Thought I would share some images of my home made targets I use around the yard. They work great, and for about $7 bucks a piece, they are a perfect alternative to the expensive baskets.

they did require drilling through some old discs, but after much debate over other materials as a topper, these old discs worked perfect, other things used were pvc conduit, some thin chain, hook-eyelets, and 45 degree shelf brackets. I used the electrical tape to "stripe" the pvc, and is highly visible from a distance

Awesome! If you have the land, you could have a course for 100 bucks! I would absolutely play those if one of my buddies had it set up.

Good work!

The woods are VERY thick out there, but I have about an acre dedicated to short up shots and putting, there are 9 of these targets hanging around and I just kinda toss from one to the other and back up to my M-14, I truly see some improvement on my short game already, which imo is what wins rounds. It took a while just to clear the 90 to 145ft shots I've made, but well worth the time.

oh they are very stout, really the only downfall i've encountered are the fact that after you hit the target, the pipes swing around a bit, kinda like a wind chime in a strong wind, but all in all they work fine. And in all reality, I'm aiming at a smaller target so I should in fact be better when on the course when the target is larger

This looks like they would work great and think I will replicate some of your idea for a small course myself but use bamboo rather than PVC. Oh and it's a 90 degree shelf bracket not 45 degree, in case somebody plans on making one they get the right bracket.

You make me want to do something similar except a bit more wind chime inspired.