• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Homemade DiscCatcher Gallery

This basket Stand/Base is amazing I can lay the basket all the way down to the ground and the stand stays in place, I let go of the basket and it swings right back up and doesnt tip over. The legs can extend another 2 ft and there are multiple height settings for each leg so the terrain you place the basket is not an issue.

So are you saying that you can place the basket on a somewhat steep slope and the basket will always stand upright?

So are you saying that you can place the basket on a somewhat steep slope and the basket will always stand upright?

That's the impression I got out of those pictures. And that's an excellent idea. VERY well executed!

Nice job Jenga. Those baskets could be even purtier with some creative painting. Oh, since you already did the math - whats the angle of the cut for the basket pieces?

Great idea Jason! Now please deliver two or three of those bases to my house, thank you ;)

And both of these baskets should be posted here.

Home made basket

What do you think of this. I know the bottom is a little small and funky but it was easy and I figured I should be throwing for the chains not the cage anyway.

Attachments

• basket.jpg
    basket.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 275
I need some bigger rings for the bottom of the chains. I've looked in my local hardware store and didn't really see a large hoop that would open. Suggestions!

Looks like a patio umbrella base, weber bbq lid and a bike rim. A good looking basket.:clap:

Exactimundo!! Just cut some holes in the lid for the pole and to let the leaves fall through. The only other thing was a little water hose sliced open to cover the edge of the lid.

I need some bigger rings for the bottom of the chains. I've looked in my local hardware store and didn't really see a large hoop that would open. Suggestions!

Check Micheals or Hobby Lobby.

Or you could just use a wire hanger.

Get an adjustable pipe fitting. The ones that you plug one end in making a loop and then turn the screw and the loop tightens. You can find them in the plumbing department.

The cheap way is to use a clothes hanger, just form it into a circle and then wrap it with Electrical tape. If you don't mind spending money then get a clamp. Another cheap option is to just connect a bunch of zip tie loops.

One thing I do notice is that your basket top should actually go higher on the chains. The way yours is you will miss a lot of putts that are low. Next time you look at a basket notice how the chains drop down way past the top edge of the basket rim. Check the PDGA specs to make sure that distance is correct, it could also be that you didn't use enough chain links. The outer ones are typically about 20 links and the innner are typically about 18 links.

Check DGA. You should be able to order the ring they use on their baskets. They sell replacement parts.

Latest posts