• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Homemade DiscCatcher Gallery

a couple I made ...

5153754353_754279642d.jpg

So the base of this basket is actually the "basket" portion of another basket? Why? Really just wondering.

I like the chains drawn on the bucket. Gives it a sense of realism and depth. Those are pretty damn ghetto!

While it is pretty ghetto, it's really not a bad idea. I may have to try something similar.

Its better than a pole. $100+ for a new basket or free (if you have the bucket and sharpie) for a target. Not a bad idea at all.

How do you end up with extra basket? :p

we replaced all 18 at my home course and were storing the old baskets/tops/chains until we found them a new home. we set up a course in a buddies back 40 and this monstrosity was already out there. i wanted to keep using it so we just replaced the base.

I miss that course, we called it FrankenCreek because it was all mismatched homemade and even mini, baskets. This basket was the original basket there, we called it FrankenPin .. ahh memories.

Last edited:
we replaced all 18 at my home course and were storing the old baskets/tops/chains until we found them a new home. we set up a course in a buddies back 40 and this monstrosity was already out there. i wanted to keep using it so we just replaced the base.

I miss that course, we called it FrankenCreek because it was all mismatched homemade and even mini, baskets. This basket was the original basket there, we called it FrankenPin .. ahh memories.

Nice. At work we build shutters. We've coined several odd ones Frankenshutter. So I know exactly what you mean! :clap: Very cool.

My course is made up of six modified InSteps, an odd ebay purchased basket, and two that I made myself. There's something to be said for doing it yourself!

posted by Disc Nation (Facebook)

Disc Nation shared Jay Canning's photo.
Now when you sink one, does it go *ching* or *squeak*?

We got a real kick outta this balloon basket submitted by Jay Canning. NICE!

attachment.php

Attachments

• bas.jpg
    bas.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 676
Here's a couple more of the Tomahawk Baskets and some old tee numbers
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Where did you get the wire hemispheres? Hard to tell from the pic, are they the right diameter?

They were actually for hanging flower baskets.
There were 8 larger (for the bottom) and 8 smaller (for the top) baskets for sale that just happened to be the exact measurements of a disc golf basket. It was meant to be. Just had a little trouble getting the pole setup right.

I ended up making eight baskets and they were just under $70 each with the chain. I still need to put some green wire on the bottom of a few baskets so they don't slip thru the bottom part after the putt is made.

Overall a pretty solid basket and I even found some bases to make them portable too. I could even use the chains that came with them to make them hang from a tree.

I'm working on a new design for the next baskets using bar table bases, customized engraved wood top and bottoms (got some sweet ideas flowing), heavy duty galvanized wire and probably zinc coated outer chain unless I can find a good price on some galvinized chain that isn't too heavy. Hope to do nine of those for a good friend before Christmas.

You might want to put a couple rings around the top as well. It looks like discs could fall through pretty easily. Either way, the basket looks great. I think it's time to head to to the hardware stores looking for something similar.

You might want to put a couple rings around the top as well. It looks like discs could fall through pretty easily. Either way, the basket looks great. I think it's time to head to to the hardware stores looking for something similar.

The top is supposed to be open like that for the tomahawk and thumber throws, hence the name Tomahawk Basket. Made them for my private course, Tomahawk Park. Makes putting more interesting too!

picture.php

midrange approach for the winter course layout

Hole_18

Last edited:
Carry on then! Misread your prior post. :eek: I really do love the look of them. For the same price as the InSteps, yours look much nicer.

Latest posts