• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Houston, TX Feb. 25-28

B Still

I'll be flying into Houston on Feb. 25th and it looks like I'll have time to get about 3 or so courses in before my cousin's wedding. I'll be staying in the northwest area (Tomball is where the ceremony is being held) and I'll have a rental car. I'd appreciate any course suggestions.

I'll also take restaurant and microbrewery suggestions. I always make a point to sample the local fare.

Windwood, Northside and Spring Valley are all solid and between George Bush and Tomball. Spring Valley is on a golf course (P2P, but well worth it) and long so if you do that, you may only get one other round in. As long as it's dry it'd be about the best time of year to be playing here.

Karbach is a great brewery with solid food if you want to knock out two birds with one stone. Ton of great food all around, really.

Agreed with the above - Windwood, Northside Christian Church, and Spring Valley. Great variety, and well maintained. Texas Army Trail is also very good if that's closer to where you're staying.

I managed to get a round at Northside, lunch at Ray's BBQ Shack, a round at Winwood, and dinner/beers at Karbach in today. Good call on Karbach. The food and beers were great. Also, I have to say I like Windwood a whole lot better than Northside. I was kinda bored at Northside except for holes 9-12. I'll be checking out Spring Valley tomorrow morning. Thanks for the suggestions!

Last edited:

Latest posts