• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Houston, we have a problem...

Midnightbiker

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I bought a sling shot to get discs out of the tree with a golf ball. The Golf balls don't fly very far, so I am stumped. I need some ideas of something I could load in the sling shot and shoot down discs with that will not do damage to the discs. Thanks.

How about the little rubber bouncy balls you get out of a gum ball machine???

I would disagree with this... if you hit anything other than the disc that little rubber ball is gonna fly a mile away... and probably be lost forever. I would just use cheap marbles.

or smooth river stones.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1802911

try this. i have one and use it for trees and getting my floaters that are just out of reach of a branch.

I have to ask, I modified one in another thread, is this one open on the end or is it a closed circle?

I still keep mine in the trunk if I need it, but I do carry a baseball in my bag.

You got me thinking about the sling shot idea...it would be much more accurate. Although, the little the rubber super balls, will not budge a disc very much, even with the sling shot.

I have to ask, I modified one in another thread, is this one open on the end or is it a closed circle?

I still keep mine in the trunk if I need it, but I do carry a baseball in my bag.

You got me thinking about the sling shot idea...it would be much more accurate. Although, the little the rubber super balls, will not budge a disc very much, even with the sling shot.

i have a circle on mine. it is easier to get underneath the disc of they are in the water that way.

we got one stuck about 30 feet in a pecan tree so we brought out a paintball gun and shot it down...worked like a charm :)

we got one stuck about 30 feet in a pecan tree so we brought out a paintball gun and shot it down...worked like a charm :)

The ultimate tye-dye on the flye-bye! :p

lol...it was ever so tempting to play squirrel tag, but there were families around so we decided it was best to stick with shooting at the disc only

LMAO!!!

I can see it now......

Little girl: Look mama....there is a pink tailed squirell. Oh and an orange one.

Girl's mom: Ooooh! I saw this Simpson's episode! Honey get out of that wading pool and don't drink from the water fountain.

Do you have any idea how many times I've heard that. Anyway, lose the slingshot and climb the tree. Or better yet, send your best friend up the tree while you supervise. Done, problem solved.

LMAO!!!

I can see it now......

Little girl: Look mama....there is a pink tailed squirell. Oh and an orange one.

Girl's mom: Ooooh! I saw this Simpson's episode! Honey get out of that wading pool and don't drink from the water fountain.

haha yeah, the parents were already watching us closely cause we were walking through the park with a weapon (kinda) as their children were playing close by....and to houston....climbing the tree is the easy part, but getting down is a whole other story lol

Since nobody's said it yet.... quit throwing your disc into trees.. Haha just kidding. I don't think marbles will dent your discs. But watch out for the ricochet & stray pedestrians/animals/12 point buck

I can see this coming back at you if your disc is wedged tightly. You'll shoot your eye out! :D

I laughed out loud when I read this. Lots of other funny posts here, too. You guys are hilarious.

Other options:

• Tie a rope to your disc, and when it goes in the tree just pull it down.
  • Add "chainsaw" to your checklist before a round.
  • Only play in hurricane-ravaged areas.
  • Get a pet squirrel or bird and train it to retrieve discs.
  • A very large fan.:confused:
  • Get an Orc. Have him shake the tree really really hard.
  • Date an environmentalist or a logger and bring him/her with you.

I laughed out loud when I read this. Lots of other funny posts here, too. You guys are hilarious.

Other options:

• Tie a rope to your disc, and when it goes in the tree just pull it down.
  • Add "chainsaw" to your checklist before a round.
  • Only play in hurricane-ravaged areas.
  • Get a pet squirrel or bird and train it to retrieve discs.
  • A very large fan.:confused:
  • Get an Orc. Have him shake the tree really really hard.
  • Date an environmentalist or a logger and bring him/her with you.

Before I even read the paintball gun info. I was thinking about paint balls in the slingshot. That way you wouldn't be carrying a "gun" in the parks.