• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How accurate is your putting from 25ft?

jmgdiscgolf

Par Member
I practice putting "spin putter" in my back yard from 25 ft away and usually make anywhere from 3-6 out of every ten shots. The misses usually bang off the basket or fly over the top. I use 8 different putter molds which I assume may account for some of the inconsistency at least that's what I'm hoping. I've seen videos of Paul McBeth putting from a similar distance and he's a machine. Anyway, how accurate is your putting from 25 ft away?

25' is my trouble distance. I'm 95%+ from 15' and in, 80%+ from 20', but I'm probably closer to 50% from 25'. Been working on it though.

I've made 15 in a row from 25ft but thats a personal record. After warming up for a bit I'd probably make 7-8 out of 10 from 25ft. Right now I'm 8-9 of 10 from 20ft, 7-8 from 25ft and at 30ft it drops down to 5-6 of 10. 20ft and out is one of the things I'm working on the most this year.

Putting is the strongest partnof my game.
I'm about 75-80% from 25 feet and I actually prefer putting with different molds, although they are all beadless. I believe using different molds forces me to focus on my form and not the result.

25 feet would be 50-60 percent for me in a round

During a warmed up putter practice session it would be about 75%

Probably 50-60% on average. Some days I'll be on fire, others I just can't seem to get dialed in. Putting is the worst part of my game.

I consider myself a decent putter and 25' is still pretty comfy, but getting into the psych-out zone.

In fact, I work on this distance quite a bit. So I'll just say when my putting is good I should hit 70-80% of 25 footers. That is, if I don't psych myself out!

Wow some realistic replies.

I think people are generally better putters at 25' than they give themselves credit for. 25' is surprisingly close when you measure it out on the course. It is like the opposite of driving, where 500' is surprisingly further than most people guess.

On topic I am about 70%

From 25' I'm close enough for a lay up shot, or make a decent run at the basket.

I'd say from 25' I'm about 50% or so....sometimes that number can go up or down by a 10% margin, but that's about it.

I have been practice putting indoors and 25' is my money spot. I usually go 80-90% from there. I move back 5 feet and drop off very quickly to about 50% which is frustrating. During a round I would say my 25' accuracy is closer to 70-75% give or take a couple.

During a round, probably about 45% or so. During practice more like 65-70%, and my practice basket is a narrow profile target so it would be even higher on a regulation basket.

25 footers have always given me fits. Its my least favorite spot to putt from. I'm more accurate from 28-33 feet then I am from 23-27

Like I'm sure many people did, I tried to see how many I could get in a row after the McBeth video of 50 in a row. I only had 5 of the same mold, so I had to walk to the basket and recollect after every 5 shots which I feel does make you break your rhythm (however there are fewer discs to bounce off of too).

After 10 minutes of trying, my best was 14 straight. Then I tried it with music and immediately got 24 in a row. After that I had a few more in the high teens/low twenties.

This was indoors (Like Paul was) from 25 ft. Statistically I was right around 83% without music and 93% with music.

On the course... I'd take either of those. I think it goes to show that finding some kind of internal rhythm can vastly improve your game.

25 ft is where I usually practice from in my living room. After a few shots, 9/10 from there. But when I get on the course, it's conpletely hit or miss. I've nailed some from 50-60 feet, and completely screwed up 10-15 footers. I'm still trying to solidify my form though.

In practice I average somewhere around 8/10, in casual rounds its somewhere around 7/10 in tourneys its somewhere around 6/10 first round then 5/10 second and on. If I could make my tourney percent the same as my practice percent from 25' in I would be nearly 1000 rated...
Its about all I practice anymore. My goal going into my next couple events is to be confident and happy with my putting, even if the rest of my game is struggling.

Its important to note that in practice I try to play it like in a round. I pick up my disc and step up to my mark for every putt. If I hold a stack of putters and rapid fire them that number usually goes up.

Makes me wonder, I know some people who practice rapid fire hold an extra disc in their other hand, to play as they practice. What if someone (I) tried holding two putters in the off hand. Going through the motion of the first putt with no disc, but truely imagine throwing that first one, then grab one of the two from the other hand, line up and fire just like if it were the 3rd of 5 you were throwing before picking up the next stack...

we have an indoor putting practice league going at my friends house. its from 20' and 25' and i'm around 85%. The weird part is that its the same % for most of us from 20' or 25' we do 5 rounds of 20 putts twice then sometimes 3 times or more. it goes by very quickly and we all make it a point to talk and move around while someone's putting to replicate a busy park with dogs and people walking around.

but there is a weird optical illusion because when putting inside a large garage 25' looks really close and 20' is super close, but when you hit the actual course during a round 20' becomes a thinker and 25' is legitimately a point where you really have to focus.

the open division players are in the high 90% (97 to 98%) with their putts from 20' and 25'

as I mentioned before we'll do two rounds of 100 putts, but we do mandatory straddle putts too (just 5 rounds of 10 putters twice) because you always need to be able to straddle during a round in wooded courses. the straddle putts rounds are hilarious because of the low ceiling in the garage at my friends house and the fact that we're all spin putters who really hate straddling. the open players are just a tick below in the 95% range and I'm in the low 70%'s.

the open players really do have that advantage of knowing that 90+% of the time wether in regular spin putting stance or straddling out because they're putting from the sh%T they can put a great putt run at the basket.

Latest posts