• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How Did You Get Rid of Off Axis Torque?

I wouldn't think you would. US discs not turning over is also a symptom of OAT. The more common symptom in my region, from what I've seen. Because everyone around here started with Ultimate.

Huh...?

Try throwing an ultimate frisbee with any oat and LMK how that goes. I have no idea what you are talking about. Understable discs will not turn due to nose up or a early release not getting elbow up/FW. Hand needs to stay on front of disc and too much hyzer for a lot of those guys is a problem combined with not enough power behind it. Finesse fingers vs grip and rip. OAT? No not really.

Please show me the OAT here where i throw one of the flippest high speed driver out next to the unlace and few others. From flat this is my go to roller disc or finesse powered down D driver. This shot was a straight up bomb and didnt flip over at all. Damn it went far though must have been my oat?! :|

Last edited:
I've always thought OAT (off axis torque) was mainly the disc fluttering like a wounded bird when released? Otherwise still sounds like you're perhaps rounding, coming over your shoulder, or just really rolling your wrist at release.... if you're turning over os discs.

OAT results in wobble or flutter, whichever term you prefer. That is all that OAT does. The effect on stability of the wobble/flutter is debatable but many seem to think it causes understability. We'd all be better off if "OAT" were replaced with "flutter" or "wobble."

OAT results in wobble or flutter, whichever term you prefer. That is all that OAT does. The effect on stability of the wobble/flutter is debatable but many seem to think it causes understability. We'd all be better off if "OAT" were replaced with "flutter" or "wobble."

ok, that's what I thought based on everything I've read. :clap:

Please show me the OAT here where i throw one of the flippest high speed driver out next to the unlace and few others. From flat this is my go to roller disc or finesse powered down D driver. This shot was a straight up bomb and didnt flip over at all. Damn it went far though must have been my oat?! :|

That's really...almost exactly how I drive now days. well...not quite as athletic looking as yourself, lol.. but that's it! :clap::clap:

When I had played for some 6 months I had arrived to the point where it was about time to find the right putter. I chose the pure and got a few hard ones. Then I just kept throwing them and beating them up until they were super understable. The technique merely followed and eventually improved the cleaner the release slowly over time. Whatever you do, it's a long process of hard work and self-study but definitely worth it. Throwing understable putters is king.

Sweet I'm so glad this thread inspire so much debate. I went out and worked on my throws saturday night. Switching to the fan grip instantly resulted in no more OAT but it send some of my drives wild.

I've noticed I have a lot of trouble getting the disc and my forearm on the same plane when using a power grip. I can do it but it just feels unnatural to me. I guess holding golf clubs didn't feel natural until I had played for like 5 years so I shouldn't be surprised that what's comfortable might not be what's correct. Pics and video coming in a few days, I just need to get someone to tape me.