• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do you arrange the discs in your bag?

From left to right...Most trees hit, most trees hit one shot, most times lost, cleanest disc (most times in the water), most times hiting top of basket, most times hitting side of basket, most times being spit out of basket. and under the towel so nobody sees them, all the discs i pick up with names and numbers on them to never call, and that way no 13 year old gets beat up. (if there is no marking I will leave them on the course)

I keep all my drivers in the largest section of my bag, mids and 2nd putter(most used one goes in the outside pocket) in the next section and towels and scorecard in the last. I just hope all of them are still there at the end of the round.

From left to right...Most trees hit, most trees hit one shot, most times lost, cleanest disc (most times in the water), most times hiting top of basket, most times hitting side of basket, most times being spit out of basket. and under the towel so nobody sees them, all the discs i pick up with names and numbers on them to never call, and that way no 13 year old gets beat up. (if there is no marking I will leave them on the course)

you know you're addicted to disc golf when you check the forum threads knowing you'll find one that kick starts your day with a laugh! sorry - wrong thread but LMAO!

i have mine in three sections, left is severely understable (4 discs), middle is moderately understable (9 discs), right is stable/overstable (7 discs), each section sorted by range...magnet and wizard putters in the front pocket...need to sort about 4-5 discs (perhaps more!) though as i do not used them all currently...

Sounds a lot like the way I arrange my discs. First by speed and then by stability from over to under. I thought about buying specific color discs based on flight pattern, but that has gone out the window. Each disc has its specific place in my bag and goes right back to that spot.

I just started playing again after a long break and needed a total bag restock...so I tried out discs to figure what I like for each shot....and then I made a big ol' disc order! I'm not totally color-coded yet (for each disc type), but very close...

For the most part, I have my bag divided into three compartments. I have them from left to right:
First section-fairway drivers
Middle section-drivers
Last section-Midrange
My putter is in the front pocket.

This sounds just like my bag, only the middle section in my bag is wider, so I've got my mids, which take up more space, in the middle.

Watch out for those putter pockets, unless they've got some depth to them. I had an Innova "Deluxe" bag, and having a putter in that 2-dimensional outside pocket put so much stress on the seams that the fabric ripped. The good news is that Innova replaced the bag for me (because it happened after just a couple of months), but I don't use the putter pocket anymore.

first by speed then by weight so my fastest discs in front then the heavier ones out of each speed towards the front then go all the way back to the putter. i have alot same colors but in diff. weights so its the only way i can tell them apart.

In order of use. So from front to back, putter, mid-range, main driver, over stable driver, then a few situational discs (really overstable driver, floater, backup less afraid to lose it driver, understable midrange, roller) then maybe an old disc I used to use a lot but just hasn't fallen out of the bag yet and a couple backup/practice putters. And I'll usually leave about half of that in the car once I get to the course, especially if it's a local course and I know what I'll need.

i go with the fastest discs on the left to the slowest on the right according to marshall street's chart, and then with discs that are the same speed, the more stable ones go to the left. that's kinda what i pictured most people as doing, but i guess not everyone does.

i go with the fastest discs on the left to the slowest on the right according to marshall street's chart, and then with discs that are the same speed, the more stable ones go to the left. that's kinda what i pictured most people as doing, but i guess not everyone does.

That's pretty much what I do too... I also insist that they are all facing the same direction, and I ensure to put them back in the same order. Duplicate discs go by weight/wear.

Also, I leave some room on the right of my bag for stashing stuff by doubling up in the putter pocket.

My bag has pretty much looked like this lately:
IMG_4012.JPG

I pay my caddy a lot just so I do not have to worry about this kind of stuff.

Bad mojo keeping those discs, bud, bad mojo! LOL

Woodpecker

Putter in its outside pocket, inside i have a three section divider......drivers, mids(Rocs), and special discs........ oh, and leave some room for a beer or three

Last edited:
Watch out for those putter pockets, unless they've got some depth to them. I had an Innova "Deluxe" bag, and having a putter in that 2-dimensional outside pocket put so much stress on the seams that the fabric ripped. The good news is that Innova replaced the bag for me (because it happened after just a couple of months), but I don't use the putter pocket anymore.

fade tourney bag is nice...i keep two putter in there, it is stretchy, so you could really fit 3 in there if you had to...

From left to right:
Distance drivers in order of stability->Fairway drivers in order of stability->Midranges in order of stability

I just carry my stuff around in a sackpack and I only carry around a few discs at a time so however they fall in the bag is how I carry them.

Latest posts