• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do you bomb your backhand?

What type of shot do you use for max distance?

• Hyzer-flip

Votes: 38 27.5%
  • Flat release straight shot

Votes: 21 15.2%
  • Flat release S curve (flex shot)

Votes: 46 33.3%
  • Anhyzer release S curve

Votes: 31 22.5%
  • Big anhyzer rainbow

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
Im not sure I believe a flat release flex shot is possible. If you throw with nose down and proper release and the disc turns (high speed turn) your not flexing it your throwing it properly. Am I wrong?

the only "flex" shot I know is throwing an overstable disc anny and then watching it FLEX back because of stability.

That has been my understanding of what a flex shot is too.

I actually throw the furthest with just a hyzer (hyzer bomb). I throw my champ boss (175g) with a slight hyzer and I can get it past 400ft. I also find this to be pretty accurate.

However my longest throw I did a flex shot with the same boss and sent it out at 495ft (measured) but CANNOT consitently do that.

I actually throw the furthest with just a hyzer (hyzer bomb). I throw my champ boss (175g) with a slight hyzer and I can get it past 400ft. I also find this to be pretty accurate.

However my longest throw I did a flex shot with the same boss and sent it out at 495ft (measured) but CANNOT consitently do that.

downhill? wind? superhuman powers??

The 495ft one was just lucky, I was throwing absolutly as hard as I could, no wind really and pretty flat.

I can get the boss past 400ft on a hyzer about 1 out of 4 times, always further than 360ft.

I have somewhat of a big arm, but cannot putt to save my life, approaches are iffy as well, but better than my putting.

The ideal is to hyzer flip a disc up AND get a little S curve out of it.

I throw it up at around a 45-degree angle and to the left, and let it plane off at about 100 feet in the air. From there it turns back to the right and goes about 400 feet at that altitude before it gradually turns over like a football punt and nose-dives. :rolleyes:

my longest throw to date was recent with a 06 worlds star wraith that is just a bit more understable than most wraiths...threw it flat, went right for a bit, then slowly faded back...i have to try to get a more accurate measurement, but i paced it about 450'...subject to error though, it is a very rough measurement...

checked again on a somewhat detailed satellite map, it was closer to 425' i think...

You mean to tell me it's still going?!?!?;)

Yes, can you help me find it?

If my disc is traveling at a rate of 65 mph and was throw from Austin, Texas at 6:30 pm CST on 7/27/2009, where would its current location be? And since it is literally going FOREVER at a constant rate of 65 mph, how many times would it go completely around the Earth before it would come back to my location? Just want to know that so I could go stand there and catch my disc when it comes back around.

The biggest distances are almost always obtained with a disc that is slightly understable for the thrower. That is, a disc that, when thrown perfectly flat at full power will turn at high speed. You can do all sorts of great things with this kind of disc. Increase the hyzer angle until the disc comes up in flight to a perfectly flat angle to get the straightest flights out of the disc. Starting from that flip flat angle, then you can either add or subtract a little bit of hyzer to get a long hyzer turn shot or a gentle S-turn.

The farthest distances are always obtained by throwing the disc nose down as well as higher in the air and having it turnover slowly in flight until it settles into a straight downward glide that takes advantage of gravity and the discs natural tendency to level out at a given speed and simply sail along. This is a huge S when viewed from above.

Hm...voted wrong...didn't see that this is a BH poll.

Max distance BH for me is a flex shot with my Surge SS.

If I truly need max distance though, I'll throw a anhyzer S FH with my Force.

My biggest bombs have been with understable discs thrown flat, and i should add, correctly. :)

I have been toying with the hyzer flip recently and can see that working well. I'm only throwing slower speed discs with it right now though.

Can I say "throwing downhill" as my answer? ;)

As much as I don't like the disc I would say it's a 168 DX Destroyer thrown with a big hyzer flip or the same with a beat-up 171 ESP Force. If you have a disc you can throw with the wing down which will flip up flat, turn over, and come back I think that will always get you the maximum distance.

Flex shot, I'm fairly new, so this one seems pretty natural. I throw it pretty hard and that just seems to be the natural (for the disc and me) path. Seems to go the farthest when I do it, and I got an 'ohhh' out of my gf the first time I did it, rofl.

Max distance for me is with my beast or Destroyer hyzer flip shot. This is Forehand though so didn't vote. I probably average about 375, exceed 400 regularly. Flat ground. With a little tail wind the beast will just GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO forever. wtafro and I have been looking for a while, but we can't seem to find our discs.

Either an anhyzer release s curve or a pretty flat s curve depending on where the trees and such are on the hole and what disc I decide to use. My farthest consistent drives are usually with a sidewinder, but I don't really have a big arm.

I just recently discovered and figured out the way I have been throwing my Valkarie is with a hyzer flip. It broought me over the 300' mark and frequent the 350' mark and with a wind behind me, I've come pretty close to a 400' throw but just not quite there yet.

My 2nd best throw probably would be the big rainbow anhyzer.

I usually use the straight, flat shot but sometimes get the S-curve going for me.

Latest posts