• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do you carry dinks with you?

Kaikias

Birdie Member
It is getting hotter here in Texas and one bottle of water that my in nova deluxe bag has a spot for is just isn't cutting it. Normally what I do is stuff more water in the large pocket on the side, and maybe a couple beers next to my discs in the main compartment.

How do you carry your drinks (Beer/Extra Water/Cokes) and keep them cold while you are playing a round?

Funniest thread title ever

My dink is attached and just needs the occasional loving touch lol

I have a jogging stroller. No sweaty bag on my back and enough room to carry a gallon of water and whatever else.

I bring a canteen full of water in one pocket, the other pocket is usually for beer. I stuff several beers/water into pockets and between discs if its a long course and its hot out. I also have a "coolie" cup wrap for cans and bottles. I keep them in my bag to at least keep the beverage Im drinking cool longer. Beer and water are heavy so I try to just bring what I need to keep weight down.

I have a jogging stroller. No sweaty bag on my back and enough room to carry a gallon of water and whatever else.

a guy in our community does this and it's brilliant. those tires roll over anything with ease.

i use this camelbak and replace the 2liter bottle with a 3liter. i can hold up to 12 discs and it's the most durable bag i've ever had.

http://www.ems.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3655445

carolina bag has 2 insulated "dink" holders which normally carry my 2 32 oz. nalgene bottles

I do the same however it is amazing how my lightweight Carolina bag becomes very heavy with 2 32oz bottles of water.

I keep a gallon or two in the car and carry a 40oz klean kanteen in my Fade Crunch. I drink a couple large gulps from the gallon jugs before heading out on the course, and on most I still have water leftover in my bottle when I finish playing.

A Dink:
picture.php

I have the large innnova bag w/ two holders for 32 oz water bottles. I put a little cooler in the center that holds six cans.

I fill a canteen as full of ice as I can then fill with water. I usually freeze a bottle or two of water the night before and stick those in a side pocket. By the time I need them they are melted and ready to drink while still being cold.

I'll sometimes carry a small cooler along with my bag. If I don't carry it with me, I'll leave it in the truck.

I use 1 bottle of water, fill it up with ice and water, and drink that while playing. Park I play at has a water fountain, so I just refill from there if I need more... Don't drink beer while playing, because I don't need any extra excuses for my play. Don't drink Coke or Gatorade while playing because they rot your teeth. Yes they do..especially if you sip them over a round or 2.

Funniest thread title ever

My dink is attached and just needs the occasional loving touch lol

:hfive::p

I've got two dink holders on my GB Squirrel Monkey bag. One I use to carry a Subzero metal H20 container (plastic leaches all kinds of nasty chemicals) and the other carries a metal thermos that I fill with ice and then water. By the time I'm done with the Subzero bottle, the thermos water is mostly melted but still ice cold. If I'm roadtripping, I bring a gallon or more extra water and leave it in the car.

Last edited:
I fill a canteen as full of ice as I can then fill with water. I usually freeze a bottle or two of water the night before and stick those in a side pocket. By the time I need them they are melted and ready to drink while still being cold.

ding ding ding!

freeze a bottle or two the night before, than toss a little 6-er cooler or whatever in the trunk.

start with your beer, then drink one of the (by now melted) bottles of water next. by the time you get back to the car, there's another mostly melted bottle of water waiting for you plus whatever other beers you brought along :)