• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do you carry dinks with you?

I have a 3 Liter NorthFace backpack for the long courses and just carry a couple bottles on shorter ones.

I bring a canteen full of water in one pocket, the other pocket is usually for beer. I stuff several beers/water into pockets and between discs if its a long course and its hot out. I also have a "coolie" cup wrap for cans and bottles. I keep them in my bag to at least keep the beverage Im drinking cool longer. Beer and water are heavy so I try to just bring what I need to keep weight down.

Beer = liquid bread. If you've got to have something to sip on just bring a small flask of Scotch or Whiskey. I prefer to just have water while on the course, and enjoy beverages after. The innova bags have great dink holders built right in, and can carry really large dink containers. I tink this answers your question :hfive:

If you carry dinks they will eat you up inside. Just forget about them and focus on the fundamentals and aim at one chain link. With practice, practice, practice you will minimize future dinks.

mr__dink.jpg

My Innova Comp bag has two drink holders. That is the main reason I upgraded from the Deluxe Bag. I carry two drinks in the drink holders, and I can usually get a bottle or two of water in the center section. Plus, I always take a cooler with me to the course, that I leave in the car, so I have some cold drinks when I finish my round, because after 18 holes, the drinks in the bag are usually warm.

27oz Kleen Kanteen in my gorilla boy silverback. I would buy the 40oz, but I'm pretty hard up for money right now and sometimes don't even finish half of my water somehow even with this constant 80F plus and 50% plus humidity weather we've been having lately. I don't think the insulation on the pocket does much since it fits so loosely in there, but never has fallen out. Another reason I don't get the 40oz bottle is because the water adds a lot of weight. I always think my bag is so light when I go to practice throw in my yard, but when disc golfing I usually think it's pretty heavy(thanks to the water weight).

It is getting hotter here in Texas and one bottle of water that my in nova deluxe bag has a spot for is just isn't cutting it. Normally what I do is stuff more water in the large pocket on the side, and maybe a couple beers next to my discs in the main compartment.

How do you carry your drinks (Beer/Extra Water/Cokes) and keep them cold while you are playing a round?

I freeze 2 32oz. water bottles, only half full, in the freezer, the night before a round (every night). I lay them on their sides in the freezer so that when I fill the other half up with water, their is more ice-to-water contact. Plus you don't have to wait for the "full-frozen" bottle to melt.

Right now, I'm also carrying a third water bottle that I dump on my head periodilcally through out the round.

by the way. beer in the heat is not a good idea. dehydrates you. and only having one drink holder for a water, I wouldn't recommend it.

Those giant gatorades fit nice into those side pockets on those deluxe bags.

I still don't understand beer on a hot summer day. Makes you warmer...or at least feel that way as I've heard it should do the opposite even though you feel warm. Also dehydrates you. On a decent summer day I guess maybe, but most days here make me sweat enough to not care for something that will make me feel hotter. I'd figure only an ice cold beer would be good but that's me.

My Innova Comp bag has two drink holders, so I carry 32 oz of water, and 32 oz of Gatorade. I also carry a 16oz bottle of water in the center as an extra, and I usually end up giving it to someone on the course that runs out of water.

I still don't understand beer on a hot summer day. Makes you warmer...or at least feel that way as I've heard it should do the opposite even though you feel warm. Also dehydrates you. On a decent summer day I guess maybe, but most days here make me sweat enough to not care for something that will make me feel hotter. I'd figure only an ice cold beer would be good but that's me.

Wouldn't you rather have the beer in the cooler on ice, and waiting for you after the round? :confused:

Wouldn't you rather have the beer in the cooler on ice, and waiting for you after the round? :confused:

Why not both. I live in North East So high 80's maybe a 90 here or there but the humidity can suck and i drink at least 8 or more a round with no dehydration issues. I just put em in a backpack with no ice and drink them fast enough so they don't get warm. If i lived in the south probably would pass out

Why not both. I live in North East So high 80's maybe a 90 here or there but the humidity can suck and i drink at least 8 or more a round with no dehydration issues. I just put em in a backpack with no ice and drink them fast enough so they don't get warm. If i lived in the south probably would pass out

why are you even drinking eight beers and playing disc golf...?

Currently been playing in 100+ heat and been using a camelbak and attached innova standard to it. I carry 70oz of h2o in bladder and 1 bottle in drink holder. My camelbak is about 6+ years old and the straps are not that great but it gets the job done nicely.

Side pocket on my revo dual pack holds a 32 oz. gatorade and a 20 oz. water bottle nicely.

costco rolly cooler $40 (if i recall correctly..) holds 60 cans + ice.

bam!