• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do you keep score?

I use Disc Caddy 2. I am also the developer so... it's kinda natural choice "heh heh". Anyway if I may advertise a bit it has DGCR integration, progress tracking (read charts) and you can share your scorecards to facebook, email etc. If there is something you would like to see in Disc Caddy 2, let me know :)

Easy Scorecard Pro for me, too. Once you play your local courses enough, the course stats: holes you do great/lousy on, total puts per round, whether you do better on the front or back 9 are great.

I just wish you could batch email a bunch of rounds at once, instead of one at a time.

Either paper & pencil or in my head. I don't/WON'T carry a cell phone on to a course. The last thing in the world I want especially out on the course, is to be "in touch." I suppose now that I think about it, it is one of my biggest pet peeves. How the hell narcissistic have we become in our society to believe we are that important. In any case its annoying and it interrupts the flow of the game when someone is constantly dicking around with their phone. But that's just me. I'm old and crotchety.

I hate seeing folks ickin around on their phone.
I do not believe for a second that sc apps are better in any way for an expierenced golfer.

Index cards.

I have to do the scores vertically, but they're entered vertically for the score book feature on here, so no biggie. There are nine lines, so I just make two columns for an 18 hole round. I can get about 6-7 rounds on a single card.

I do not believe for a second that sc apps are better in any way for an expierenced golfer.

Really, all my stats are recorded, all of my previous rounds, I can see how much I've improved in an instant. If I were using paper, and wanted yo see that I'd have to do all that work myself.

Easier to fix errors, I can see distance on each hole if there is no signage.

Its not like I'm on my phone on Facebook or texting, just using it to put in my scores.

In my opinion they're far superior to pencil and paper.

Thats why i used the word "expierenced".
After a while, your scoring spread will hopefully belittle and tracking that junk wont be as fun.
Same goes for distance. Youll likely learn to trust your eye moreso than marked distances.

Thats why i used the word "expierenced".
After a while, your scoring spread will hopefully belittle and tracking that junk wont be as fun.
Same goes for distance. Youll likely learn to trust your eye moreso than marked distances.

Alright..that's fair enough. I'm definitely still improving and its awesome for me to see those improvements on the fly.

Tbh, its only when folks are txt'n and whatnot that annoys me.
If your using a sc app but quick with it and dont mess up the scores i have no real issue.

As a once apon a time, math nerd, i used to break scores, disc flight, and everything else down to "study". So i can relate.

+1 for Discasaurus. Super easy - the only weakness is there's no instant start, you have to pick a course. But that's just a nit since you can always just grap any course and go.

In casual rounds, I always keep my score in my head. I have this nifty reusable score card that I use sometimes though.

Same, though I prefer to record my scores over just keeping it in my head. If I'm lucky enough to get out on a weekday, the course is empty and I compete throw #1 vs. #2 and all shots count.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:bam, holy sht thought i was the wierd one hatin on phones takin over. the one fckin place, the disc course, finally fell to technology's shtty stronghold. i refuse to tell anyone my score with those stupid fckin scorecard apps

Ironic the number of people complaining about technology's hold on disc golf on a disc golf ... computer ... forum .......

Latest posts