• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do you keep score?

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:bam, holy sht thought i was the wierd one hatin on phones takin over. the one fckin place, the disc course, finally fell to technology's shtty stronghold. i refuse to tell anyone my score with those stupid fckin scorecard apps

I think you need anger management if you get so upset about someone using a phone to keep score, that you need to use the f word every third word.

How are those apps any worse than a piece of paper? If you're upset with people texting and talking and using Facebook, well that's one thing. But to get mad at someone because they keep score in a quick and user friendly way is ridiculous.

I use my cell phone's notepad and then log all of my scores here. I agree with Pwnerator, what is the difference between putting scores on a phone and putting them on paper? They're both just ways to record your score. I'm also curious, why do people on this forum log their scores on another site? I've looked at discgolfscene and it's okay but if you come here to talk on the forum isn't it easier to just log scores here? Just wondering.

Shakatak, to address the second part of your question;
dgscene is dg internet real life, with real names and scores that speak for ones game.
Dgcr is is simply dg internet life, where everyone throws 400+, 300+ w putters, and never miss putts.
Plus, all my.league & tourney results automaticly get recorded there.

Shakatak, to address the second part of your question;
dgscene is dg internet real life, with real names and scores that speak for ones game.
Dgcr is is simply dg internet life, where everyone throws 400+, 300+ w putters, and never miss putts.
Plus, all my.league & tourney results automaticly get recorded there.

Ok. I guess I don't understand why people would inflate their scores that they log to their own scorebook.
I only went to dgscene briefly. So it's linked into the PDGA site and once scores are posted they go there? Even hole by hole scores? That does sound pretty cool if so but I write my scores down at tourneys too. I'll just keep logging them here since I like the features here.

I think you need anger management if you get so upset about someone using a phone to keep score, that you need to use the f word every third word.

How are those apps any worse than a piece of paper? If you're upset with people texting and talking and using Facebook, well that's one thing. But to get mad at someone because they keep score in a quick and user friendly way is ridiculous.

first of all how hard is it to keep score in your head? i understand you're somewhat new, so maybe you go by signs, or have trouble counting that high, i dont know.. but its pretty easy to keep score without another piece of technology, try it. Secondly im not mad at the people who own the phone, im frustrated that people have to drag the phones into the dg round...maybe everyone using the app has trouble counting up to 50, who FCKIN knows.

(that was one f bomb in case you brought out your phone to mark it)

Ok. I guess I don't understand why people would inflate their scores that they log to their own scorebook.
I only went to dgscene briefly. So it's linked into the PDGA site and once scores are posted they go there? Even hole by hole scores? That does sound pretty cool if so but I write my scores down at tourneys too. I'll just keep logging them here since I like the features here.

No, its not linked to pdga. Locally, dgscene is literally the dg scene; it where you pre reg for almost every tourney, its where you communicate for leauges, tourneys, or just to catch a round. Most tourney results are posted there well before anywhere else.
I didnt mean that folks here inflate their scores (though i wouldnt be surprised). What i ment was that on dgscene you can click your news page and see what your friends have shot recently. The fact that i know these people in real life holds more weight than random internet people.

first of all how hard is it to keep score in your head? i understand you're somewhat new, so maybe you go by signs, or have trouble counting that high, i dont know.. but its pretty easy to keep score without another piece of technology, try it. Secondly im not mad at the people who own the phone, im frustrated that people have to drag the phones into the dg round...maybe everyone using the app has trouble counting up to 50, who FCKIN knows.

(that was one f bomb in case you brought out your phone to mark it)

I can definitely count in my head, but I sure as hell can't keep track of individual holes like my phone can do. Is it OK with you that I'm a stats junkie? I like to see my improvement on individual holes and courses. My phone makes that incredibly easy.

I just don't understand how you can be so upset because someone brought their phone? If my baby gets sick, you better be damn sure that's more important than a round of disc golf. I'm not talking on my phone the entire time...JUST to keep score. Plus, it might be great if you don't have family to worry about, but if I have a family emergency, you better believe that they'll be able to get a hold of me if they need me.

Disc golf is just a game. A hobby. If something this little upsets you so much that you even have to use the f word once, then you need a new hobby.

Oh, and I typed this on my wonderful phone, so sorry if there's any spelling errors,sorry.

Have a nice day.

Also, I would like to include the fact that my phone is not cumbersome. I do not drag it around the course. It's not that we are too dumb to count to 50 or anything, it's the convenience. EasyScoreCard keeps percentages and other statistics that I am interested in knowing. I like to compare courses with similar holes to see how I am doing compared to previous rounds. It is nice to have it all organized and easily accessible. There is nothing wrong with using technology as a convenience, I can see how it would be a problem if you were dependent on this technology. I don't always use my phone, but it's nice to be able to keep track of skins in my head and see how I'm doing on par as well. And I agree with The_pwnerator, Disc golf is a hobby for a are majority of the players. If you get this upset over something so miniscule, you should probably try a less stressful hobby, I hear knitting is calm and relaxing...

I use binary code on stone tablets marked with the end of a burnt stick. Just seems the easiest way to do it.

:|

I have used apps on my phone and used pencil and paper but I really want is an app that will allow me to download the scores on to this website for easy tracking and stats. Is there such a thing out there?

I have used apps on my phone and used pencil and paper but I really want is an app that will allow me to download the scores on to this website for easy tracking and stats. Is there such a thing out there?

Agreed. The convergence of the two would be like a flying man with a white beard touching a the finger of a naked guy on a cloud...

+1 for EasyScorecard Pro

pen-paper.jpg

I just use plain old paper & pencil. It's faster, I can scribble any notes if I have to, and I usually enter my score somewhere else later anyway (like maybe dgcoursereview.com, perhaps!). Plus, I don't want to have to keep getting my phone in and out of my bag all day.

I've started making my own scorecards, so that I have the same one for every course I play. I use Autocad and Illustrator. If you want, I can send you a PDF for whatever courses you play. Let me know if you want manufacturer logos, course logos, whatever. See attachment for a generic sample.

Attachments

• DG scorecard Towne Lake.png
    DG scorecard Towne Lake.png
    73.5 KB · Views: 17
I just use plain old paper & pencil. It's faster, I can scribble any notes if I have to, and I usually enter my score somewhere else later anyway (like maybe dgcoursereview.com, perhaps!). Plus, I don't want to have to keep getting my phone in and out of my bag all day.

I've started making my own scorecards, so that I have the same one for every course I play. I use Autocad and Illustrator. If you want, I can send you a PDF for whatever courses you play. Let me know if you want manufacturer logos, course logos, whatever. See attachment for a generic sample.

Can you do any course? :thmbup:

Another vote for Easy Scorecard Pro. I love having my averages for each individual hole, and on-the-fly round / player ratings are awesome. I just started tracking fairway hits / putts as well, which gives me GIR (aka 'Birdie Opportunities') and Scrambling stats.

This tool is really helping me build a clearer picture of which parts of my game need the most work.

Next up is figuring out how to export the CSV into a database so I can start visualizing all of this data with Google Charts.

Last edited:
I use binary code on stone tablets marked with the end of a burnt stick. Just seems the easiest way to do it.

:|

You people with your fire and your stick burning! I can't stand that kind of advanced technology on my course.

(Meanwhile...anticipating the release of the newest mold in the next great plastic so I can log onto here and discuss it with people throughout the world instantaneously)