• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do you keep track of score?

I use a paper score card and a pencil. Then when I get home I put all my round into the scorebook on here

I do the same. Made some score cards out of cardboard and write the score down on the card, then enter them into the computer when I get home. Has worked out so far:thmbup:

Haven't used the scorebook on here yet, though I'd really like to start. Usually when I'm playing with friends we just remember how many strokes over/under par we are, but if we actually write down the scores we use a scorecard if they're provided, otherwise I just use the scorecard app on my phone.

I use the Android app Easy Scorecard. At the end of the round, it emails your score to you (and those you played with), and when I get home I transfer it to the DGCR Scorebook.

Download the free version by scanning this with your barcode reader:
qrcode.png

Download the Pro version for only $0.99 by scanning this code:
qrcode_pro.png

Although I don't use the feature, the latest update to the Pro version added a way to keep track of putts. It also has some handy sorting options if you play a lot of courses or with a lot of different people.

+1

Also like how you can goto the website and upload your ocal courses for others to download so u dont have to enter each hole manualy!

I pluck a blade of grass for every throw and then put them in a ziplock bag labeled with the date and course name. I got pulled over once right after a round, he saw my bag of grass and decided to search my entire car. I tried to file a lawsuit for unjustified search and seizure but they threw out my case and called me a wackjob. So I sued them for harassment and police brutality. Now to find that pawn shop where I sold my space ship so I can buy it back.

bring me a bag of whatever you've got, ottumwa isn't that far away

I pluck a blade of grass for every throw and then put them in a ziplock bag labeled with the date and course name. I got pulled over once right after a round, he saw my bag of grass and decided to search my entire car. I tried to file a lawsuit for unjustified search and seizure but they threw out my case and called me a wackjob. So I sued them for harassment and police brutality. Now to find that pawn shop where I sold my space ship so I can buy it back.

Haha! I love it. I can only imagine doing that in charlotte and having a bunch of grass bags labeled "Kilborne" "Sugaw" "Renny" "Renny Gold' "The Nest" "The Web" "Angry Beaver" "EagerBeaver" ... etc

I use disc caddy app on my Droid. I'm sure when I have to erase scores from the phone ill load them here into the acorw tracker. Ice played twice as many rounds as I have recorded too, its terrible lol.

I've got a real easy paper n pencil method that works great for entering scores here in the Scorebook. I believe I read this idea on this forum. When I'm playing I carry a folded piece of paper about the size of a pack of smokes. One side of the paper is labeled Strokes and one side is Putts. Each side has four sections. The strokes side has 2, 4, 5 and 'other' sections. Putts side has 0, 2, 3 and 'other'. I print them up at work, four to a sheet.

Marking score is based on all par three. Your typical drive, approach and putt. If I shoot the typical three - don't have to do anything. If I get a birdie on hole #4, then I write 4 in the two section of the strokes page. If I 2-putt hole 16 for a 4, then I mark 16 in the 2 section for putts and the 4 section for strokes. Say I make up for it and park 17, but then miss the birdie putt, well I mark 17 in the 2 putts section but I made par and mark no strokes. I count 11 paces as the distance for putt/no putt, but need at least 15 paces (45') for a zero putt. I mark down the distance on zero putts.

It's easy at the end to compare birdies to bogies for score and when I get back to a computer, I know to mark the hole scores as twos on 4,5,13,15 and a four on 16. And I took two-putts on 16 and 17. I'll usually track putts and strokes with about 10 marks a round.

I've gotten really used to keeping score like this and sorta miss it when I'm not scoring.

I use a mini comp book that fits right in my mini pocket. For each round, I put 2 columns. One is the front nine and the other is the back. Before the round I write the hole number with a "D" beside it. From there I keep track of approach shots with an "A" and putts with a "P." With that said, if I have my drive, the one upshot, then a putt, it would look like: 1 DAP. If I park a hole and make the putt, it would look like: 4 DP. So on and so forth. I do it this way with letters instead of numbers that way it doesn't get in my head. Then at the end, I just cancel out # of birds vs # of bogeys to figure my final score, assuming everything is par 3. Sounds confusing but I'm used to it and it works for me!