• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do You promote DGCR?

LeewayeDiscGolf

Double Eagle Member
How do you let others know about the DGCR site? Do you show them on your phone, print fliers, carry DGCR stamped discs, do you scream it from your balcony every morning, etc?

Lately anytime I'm on a public computer, such as the library or a coffee shop, I'll leave the computer on DGCR when I'm done using it.

I have a DGCR patch on my bag, and any time I get talking about where to play or where I've been with someone on the course I mention the site as a great resource.

I tell everyone I know to check it out! If thay play, they appreciate the info and community. If they don't maybe they'll start to get an idea of what the f*ck I've been talking about for the last 3 years.:|:|:\:):D

Lately anytime I'm on a public computer, such as the library or a coffee shop, I'll leave the computer on DGCR when I'm done using it.

That's a good one. Though it would explain a lot of the trolls around here.... :)

Personally, I just bring it up with people I meet up on the course. The majority of the time, they've heard of it.

I just talk about it when I'm at other courses and sometimes my home course. It helps answer the why are you here no one seems to play this course. Then I can pull out the phone and show them there local course reviews. It gets pretty exciting except for when the course review is honest and then says that there course stinks and they get defensive and you then get the local disc golf lynch mob after you.

People always asking me where do I get all my discs I say DGCR and then let them know about all the great features about DGCR.

DGCR bag tag proudly displayed and ask any golfers I meet if they are on the site. If not I let them know it's the best eg site hands down.

If approached on the course I always bring up DGCR and I find a lot of people that have accts that don't check in regularly :(

i've got all excited telling people about dgcr...most of them don't seem to care for some reason....they're like so let me get this straight...you hang out on a disc golf forum for hours at a time?...i simply smile and reply...yep:D

I have the dgcr patch on my bag and I get asked about it every now and then. I always tell people it's a great place to find new courses and buy/ trade swag.

I have a DGCR bag tag as well as carry around some of the flyers that can be printed off of the site. I talk about the site anyone talks about finding courses, or just when ever I get a chance to promote the site. I remember how much help this site was when I first started, and I want to share the love with others. If I had any questions about disc golf, I could post it. I would either get some good answers, or at least some one would post something sarcastic and make me laugh.

Anytime I meet another golfer, it just seems to come up. I show them on my phone and let them see how easy it is to find new courses to play. Also just put my Bag Tag on the day before yesterday.

Nothing personal, but I don't really promote the site. Most people I play with seem to know about it already and I don't feel the need to be an ambassador.

On the disc golf blog I run, I always make sure when courses are mentioned to link them back to here. I figure if people want to know about courses when we mention them, this is the best place for them to check 'em out!

I carry a extra printed out scorecard with me to hand out with the web page address on it. i also have a personalized bag tag on my bag along with a travel tag. I also have two decals one each on the rear passenger window of my car. I also have a mini marker with the dgcr logo on it. I had one person spot my stickers on my car and we talked about the sight but mostly i discuss the site with others and give them one of my extra scorecards with the address for them to look up.

Latest posts