• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

how do you react when people throw in on you?

The best way to handle most situations is just to spaz the **** out incoherently. That way its safe to assume that not only do they not respect you, but ussually think your a douche.

Spaz the **** out incoherently??? Unlikely. SOooo.....

douche_bag1.jpg

me --"THAT WAS CLOSE!!!"

kid -- "That wasn't close"

me -- "CLOSE ENOUGH!!!"

Yeah, the kid doesn't even need to be out there.

This isn't most situation, sir. No profanity was used. They were 250 ft away. Was I supposed to wisper???? I frankly hope it scared 'em a little. And hope they'd never come back.

Accepting now. :D
Sorry to go ranting on too. I just like to stir things up every now and then on here.

It's okay, I understand completely, I enjoy arguing for the sake of arguing as well. Perhaps we can debate again, it seemed to cause quite a stir.

ArcheType: <--- feedin' da trollz (aka surgeflx87)

"you offering to babysit his young ones so he can go play?"

If he wants to pay my airfare and to babysit, I'de be more than happy as I understand how hard it is to get away from the kids for some alone time with mommy @ the "golf course."

assault is any action or statement done with the intention of placing fear of physical harm or death. You can't attempt that, due to the fact that it says "the intention of."

Almost correct. That is the definition of assault (kind of, close enough) but you may substitute any of the intentional tort mens rea into assault. For instance, if you are intending to commit the tort of conversion (ie blowing up someone's car) and in addition the person experiences fear of imminent harm or death then you are guilty of conversion as well as assault. In addition, assault is not just the action with the intent, the person being assaulted must actually experience fear of impending harmful physical contact.

Lets run down some disc gold hypos. First one to correctly name the intentional torts involved for each of the following gets a random disc mailed to them. Seriously, I will mail you a disc, but you must explain your answers.

1 - ArcheType gets thrown on by pchitti, who only threw because he thought Archetype was out of range. The disc flies past ArcheType, and he only notices it once it hits the ground past him. Archetype picks up the disc and throws it into a chasm.

2 - Archetype gets thrown on by pchitti, who dearly wants to peg Archetype in the nards. The disc flies wide of Archetype as he dove out of the way just in time. Archetype picks up the disc and throws it back at pchitti intending to smash his face it. Pchitti laughs at Archetype because he knows that Archetype has a noodle arm and could never hit him.

3 - Pchitti sees prerube on another tee and tries to peg him in the face. Because Pchitti strong armed the crap out of it, the resulting OAT causes a worm burn that nails Archetype in the back. Archetype picks up the disc and rips it in half.

4 - Pchitti finds a disc with prerube's name on it, and decides to throw it at Archetype for fun. Archetype sees the disc coming, gets nailed in the nards, and drops to the ground. Pchitti yells that Archetype had better stay down lest he get nailed in the nards again. Archetype stays down because he was afraid for his progeny.

5 - Pchitti stands on the teebox and hollers at Archetype that he is going to nail him with a disc if he is at the course tomorrow. Archetype is afraid that Pchitti won't wait until tomorrow, and just as he feared Pchitti throws a disc in Archetype's general direction. Archetype gets nailed in the face by the disc. He then picks up the disc and throws it into what he knows is prerube's yard. Prerube sees the disc coming at him from his lawnboy and fears for his life.

#4? Pchitti threw it with the intent of hitting Arche, hit him, and then told him he was going to do it again if he got up, therefore Arche was not only physically assaulted, but then afterward experienced fear of being assaulted as well. ??? please, enlighten me, I'm quite curious now.

aw ****, going to grab my law notes now, brb.

To make this easier lets only do the trespassery torts, I don't want to get three pages on IIED.

EDIT: To make this fair for everyone, the trespassery torts are battery, assault, trespass, trespass against chattels, and conversion.

Last edited:
Almost correct. That is the definition of assault (kind of, close enough) but you may substitute any of the intentional tort mens rea into assault. For instance, if you are intending to commit the tort of conversion (ie blowing up someone's car) and in addition the person experiences fear of imminent harm or death then you are guilty of conversion as well as assault. In addition, assault is not just the action with the intent, the person being assaulted must actually experience fear of impending harmful physical contact.

Lets run down some disc gold hypos. First one to correctly name the intentional torts involved for each of the following gets a random disc mailed to them. Seriously, I will mail you a disc, but you must explain your answers.

1 - ArcheType gets thrown on by pchitti, who only threw because he thought Archetype was out of range. The disc flies past ArcheType, and he only notices it once it hits the ground past him. Archetype picks up the disc and throws it into a chasm.

2 - Archetype gets thrown on by pchitti, who dearly wants to peg Archetype in the nards. The disc flies wide of Archetype as he dove out of the way just in time. Archetype picks up the disc and throws it back at pchitti intending to smash his face it. Pchitti laughs at Archetype because he knows that Archetype has a noodle arm and could never hit him.

3 - Pchitti sees prerube on another tee and tries to peg him in the face. Because Pchitti strong armed the crap out of it, the resulting OAT causes a worm burn that nails Archetype in the back. Archetype picks up the disc and rips it in half.

4 - Pchitti finds a disc with prerube's name on it, and decides to throw it at Archetype for fun. Archetype sees the disc coming, gets nailed in the nards, and drops to the ground. Pchitti yells that Archetype had better stay down lest he get nailed in the nards again. Archetype stays down because he was afraid for his progeny.

5 - Pchitti stands on the teebox and hollers at Archetype that he is going to nail him with a disc if he is at the course tomorrow. Archetype is afraid that Pchitti won't wait until tomorrow, and just as he feared Pchitti throws a disc in Archetype's general direction. Archetype gets nailed in the face by the disc. He then picks up the disc and throws it into what he knows is prerube's yard. Prerube sees the disc coming at him from his lawnboy and fears for his life.

LOL i love it but can not make a valid attempt at what you are asking from us, with out pissing my wife off by staying on the computer for another hour... So in a since you are assualting me by causing me fear of my wife....:wall:
I love the Hypos by the way, but how come I have to be the main DB?

1 - ArcheType gets thrown on by pchitti, who only threw because he thought Archetype was out of range. The disc flies past ArcheType, and he only notices it once it hits the ground past him. Archetype picks up the disc and throws it into a chasm. Conversion, because I take control over his property

2 - Archetype gets thrown on by pchitti, who dearly wants to peg Archetype in the nards. The disc flies wide of Archetype as he dove out of the way just in time. Archetype picks up the disc and throws it back at pchitti intending to smash his face it. Pchitti laughs at Archetype because he knows that Archetype has a noodle arm and could never hit him.Assault, because he intentionally caused me to fear physical harm, but I wasn't actually harmed.

3 - Pchitti sees prerube on another tee and tries to peg him in the face. Because Pchitti strong armed the crap out of it, the resulting OAT causes a worm burn that nails Archetype in the back. Archetype picks up the disc and rips it in half.Without any intention to hurt me, and due to the "understood risks" in disc golf, I can't think of any that would be against Pchitti, but it would be Conversion on myself again.

4 - Pchitti finds a disc with prerube's name on it, and decides to throw it at Archetype for fun. Archetype sees the disc coming, gets nailed in the nards, and drops to the ground. Pchitti yells that Archetype had better stay down lest he get nailed in the nards again. Archetype stays down because he was afraid for his progeny.Conversion on Pchitti, assault and battery for the hit and the after statement.

5 - Pchitti stands on the teebox and hollers at Archetype that he is going to nail him with a disc if he is at the course tomorrow. Archetype is afraid that Pchitti won't wait until tomorrow, and just as he feared Pchitti throws a disc in Archetype's general direction. Archetype gets nailed in the face by the disc. He then picks up the disc and throws it into what he knows is prerube's yard. Prerube sees the disc coming at him from his lawnboy and fears for his life.That would be assault and battery, and potentially intentional infliction of emotional distress, then if Prerube were to have been hit, I could be charged with negligence, but not assault due to me not necessarily knowing he was there, or intending to hit/scare him.
How did I do?

The last time somebody threw a disc up a fairway I was on, I wasn't actually playing, I was working on hole 15 at Rankin Lake. Some kids were out with their two discs playing along having a good time, and one of them almost hits me with his drive, not realizing (or caring, not sure which) that I was up the fairway clearing a downed tree limb or two. So as they walk up the fairway, I meet them, machete in hand and tell them to yell fore next time. I think I may have scared them pretty good, as I'm not a small person, and I had a machete in my hand. I got a good laugh out of it, if nothing else. I think they'll yell fore next time.

well, after looking up trespass against chattels, I'd say you could switch any/all of the things I called conversion to that tort as well.

alright, well my revision, change conversion in 3 and 4 to trespass to chattels, and add trespass to chattels to the 5th one against myself.

that's all I can come up with.

OK, I think this may be fun (but maybe I'm skewed as a law student, you may all think this is a waste of space). I will leave this until tomorrow to do some grading. Archetype, feel free to make another attempt if you choose, but the next one will be binding. On the issue of conversion/trespass to chattels, if you give a logical explanation of why each occurrence is one or the other I may give you credit for a wrong answer.

The prize will be a choice of one disc out of these three; either a first run bar stamp yellow beat to hell teebird, a 4 chains super beat stiff magnet that is all inked up, or a super beat in flye dye cactus clone. Hey, you guys are getting something for nothing, don't expect a brand new CE disc :) First one to get all 5 wholly correct wins. Game on!

alright, well I'm sticking with my previous ones on the grounds that only in the first scenario would pchitti be unable to retrieve his disc, in the others, he would still be able to get it back, making it trespass to chattels as opposed to conversion.