• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How does DGCR feel about this?

So get better.

I understand the frustration, but at the same time, Advanced is not a ratings protected division. So if you're going to play Advanced, you should have no expectation of handicapped competition.

Dead-on.

seems pretty clear to me

I'm easily confused.

TD's for sanctioned events must accept entries for all players in good standing with the PDGA, and allow them to play in divisions for which they are eligible if those divisions are being offered.

I read your post as contrary to this. If I'm wrong, I clearly missed something.

Have a problem with him winning? Take it up with your game.

So get better.

I understand the frustration, but at the same time, Advanced is not a ratings protected division. So if you're going to play Advanced, you should have no expectation of handicapped competition.

The guy's confidence is probably running high right now. This is your chance - beat him now while he's still playing Amateur. That'll mess with his head.

In my experience, if there's ever an effective way to shame "baggers" into moving up, it's calling them out publicly online. /sarcasm

In truth, if the guy isn't a "bagger" but is just a fast improving am with aspirations of winning an am major, all the talk in the world here isn't going to make him move up. And if he's truly a bagger, playing am just to prey on easier opponents and stockpile plastic, he's doesn't give two ****s about a thread online and nothing said here is going to make him move up.

In the end, these threads are about the OPs and their "friends" justifying why maybe they're just not as good as they think they are.

He only plays big tournaments. and finishes well. I dont think thats so bad. he has only won 2 tournaments this year.

Maybe he is just wearing all his Nike gear and all the other ams are getting intimidated.

with an attitude like that you probably won't place second either. quit bitching, up your game and do the ultimate shutdown and beat the guy.

I say good for him for playing well. If he wants to prove that he is the best of the rest and not compete for cash, that is fine with me. If we are playing in the same tournament and he beats me fairly, good for him. I will practice more. Hopefully I will have learned something from him while he kicked my butt.

As it has been mentioned before, Advanced is not a ratings protected division. There is no such thing as bagging in advanced. Advanced players (myself included) just always want to believe that they are better than they are. Getting rid of the competition does not prove that you are better.

quit whinning

It just kind of sucks when you see who is signed up for a tournament and have to think "Well I guess it's a battle for second..." before it even starts!

up your game and beat the guy. if you troll tournaments to see who's playing, you're never gonna get any better.

Eh, that doesn't look too baggery to me. I noticed he played an event nearly every weekend last year. Does this guy not have a life outside of disc golf?

He does. He was going for points last year, and towards the end he was battling with another AM for top points so they were playing every event they could. He ended up taking first place, so he achieved his goal.

Aaron has been on a real hot streak lately. I haven't seen him play this solid... ever. Good for him. You guys are funny with the bagger statements. You have a guy that's a solid Advanced player that has not been dominant by any means suddenly win 3 in a row and now he's bagging? You probably didn't even know who he was until now.

Stagnated around 980 for the past year... probably working hard on his game and it's paying off. I see no issues. He place 5th at Am Worlds barely missing final 4. Lots o

These are the guys that usually play Open in C-Tiers and even B-Tiers, but are way over-matches in Open for A- and NT-Tiers... so Advanced makes sense, especially if he wants to win a US Am or AM Worlds next year.

up your game and beat the guy. if you troll tournaments to see who's playing, you're never gonna get any better.

The main statement from my OP was meant to be "Is it even fun winning by 10+ strokes in large tournaments." It does not deter me from entering tournaments that he's in, but I just know that first place is not attainable. I can't shoot 1000 rated golf consistently, I have never even had a 1000 rated round. I'm definitely not saying I would be winning these tournaments if he played Open. I don't care if I'm playing Rec, Advanced Women, Grandmasters, etc. I think he should be playing Open. That's my opinion.

Yeah, I know, I suck and should get better. However...

brettricewku, a member here, has been steadily on the incline in rating and finishes this year. He is the top rated AM in Kentucky and played ABOVE his rating at a particular A-Tier and lost to this individual by 11 strokes.

he would also have won over $1000 combined at these 3 events I am listing (in Open)

Dude, seriously!! you just called out someone! maybe you should take up another sport! once again; get better.

Latest posts