• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How does DGCR feel about this?

No payouts. Just a big heavy trophy that you get during the player banquet the following year. I think most advanced points winners don't start the year with the goal of winning the title, but sometime around mid-season they realize they have a chance and they start going after it.

Right... Adam Morrison is the current points leader for 2103 and you bet your bottom dollar he knows this. He'll be playing more Open divisions in the near future and he even said he feels his lead is solid after a nice amateur tour this season hitting all the NTs. But if someone gets closer to him on points before the end of the year, he'll play enough Advanced divisions to ensure he wins the title.

I know I keep track... I like to tell folks I'm #2 in points in Missouri for Advanced Masters. Just me tooting my own horn more than anything.

After looking at his profile and figuring out it wasn't one of the people I expected I would say the guy is just on a hot streak.

New rule, you can't post about a guy bagging until he's 1000+ rated and still playing advanced. Even then you'll get the same responses. Play better, worry less about your competition, who cares etc. In the end it's probably best you just let it go and play the course as presented to you that day.

Isn't "bagging" deliberately depressing your rating so you can unfairly compete in a protected division? (Like that bowler above.)

That would be cheating, like using a fake ID to get into Grandmasters.

But, when there is no upper limit on rating, there is no point in depressing your rating, and there can be no possibility of bagging, right?

Isn't turning in the best performance in your division kind of the whole point? What everyone should aspire to? Not something to cause a person to be shunned and shamed.

That definition of "bagging", despite being accurate, has been deemed too generous and charitable for internet forums.

It has been replaced by an assortment of other definitions, such as "anyone who beat me", or "anyone who doesn't make the same division choice I would have made", or "anyone who doesn't play where I think he should play", or "anyone who doesn't play open", or......

I played on Aaron's card recently and can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is a class act.

The only complaint I've ever heard about him at all on the course is that his pre-shot routine sometimes exceeds the 30 second time limit. The guy is serious about his discgolf and is trying his very best to win a major. He really doesn't even throw that far and he certainly isn't some genetic freak of nature. What the guy is however, is accurate. Many of you obsessing about breaking the 400' barrier could learn a thing or two from this guy. Discgolf isn't a distance competition, it's a game of executing shots on the course as they are required. And finally, as has been said many, many times on this site before... there are no such things as baggers in ADV. If he has fulfilled the requirements needed to retain his AM status, what you or I think about it is irrelevant.

Have a problem with him winning? Take it up with your game.

I know what you are trying to say, but this is such a cop-out response that shows little to no understanding of the hot issue at hand.

You wouldn't let Lebron james play in a highschool basketball game would you? No, because he's too good for that.

This guy can't be told NOT to do something, so it falls more on his morals and competitive spirit. The latter he clearly has little to none of. Can't speak anything about his morals, don't even know who it is. But competitively, he's a douche it seems.

I know what you are trying to say, but this is such a cop-out response that shows little to no understanding of the hot issue at hand.

You wouldn't let Lebron james play in a highschool basketball game would you? No, because he's too good for that.

This guy can't be told NOT to do something, so it falls more on his morals and competitive spirit. The latter he clearly has little to none of. Can't speak anything about his morals, don't even know who it is. But competitively, he's a douche it seems.

You clearly did not read much of this thread.

There are two types of people who call people baggers.

1. People being beat by someone and can't beat them, so they want to move up.
2. People who are in the upper division and likely can beat them and want them to move up.

The guy isn't winning every event he enters by 10 strokes. At some point people have to stop crying "move up" and start using the ass beating they took as motivation to beat them next time.

I've seen video of you fighting. The match I saw I think was a rematch with an opponent you lost to the last time. Did you not use that as motivation to train harder and win? Why is it so wrong to think that this is the same kind of situation?

C'mon, Matt!

Actually, if LeBron were between the ages of 14-18, appropriately resided in the area of and attended the school, had properly passed all of his required academic classes, and had not accepted money or other inaapropriate considerations to eliminate him from amateur competition, I'd let him play in a high school basketball game. And if he's that much better than everyone else, he'll likely lead his team to 3 state championships and 1 national championship -- all by meeting the qualifications of that particular sport.

But again since you were talking "hypothetically," this might be totally irrelevant.

Got the pitchforks and torches all ready to storm his house, then read the thread and opted to roast marshmallows with the pitchfork instead. Sorry, just don't see the problem here.

I re-wrote a song about this:

"Noooooo Open, no cry.
No...Open, no cry!"

I'll be making appearances at every "Am Bagger" thread to perform my new hit single.

2. People who are in the upper division and likely can beat them and want them to move up.

hehe, I like this.:clap:

I love to call out baggers, but I don't fit either one of these molds. Your theory done busted.

Make wanted posters with rewards and tape 'em to tee signs and bulletin boards across the country. Spread the word, shame those that are better than you. If you rile up the masses and raise the ire of pretty lasses maybe the days will pass and the baggers will be no more.

... but I just know that first place is not attainable. I can't shoot 1000 rated golf consistently, I have never even had a 1000 rated round...

Anyone at the top could have said this at some point in their DG career, but folks who make the top generally don't think that way.

You clearly did not read much of this thread.

Very true, I was responding to the first page. So please think of my answer that way.

I've seen video of you fighting. The match I saw I think was a rematch with an opponent you lost to the last time. Did you not use that as motivation to train harder and win? Why is it so wrong to think that this is the same kind of situation?

You are right but that was a one time rematch and there were no prizes involved. I wasn't fighting in the junior division when I should have been fighting in adult. I don't see that comparison working.

The rest of what you said is spot on though, of course I used that as motivation. Are you saying that's what other disc golfers can do in regards to this guy? If so, I guess I could see that, but it doesn't make it right does it?

C'mon, Matt!

Actually, if LeBron were between the ages of 14-18, appropriately resided in the area of and attended the school, had properly passed all of his required academic classes, and had not accepted money or other inaapropriate considerations to eliminate him from amateur competition, I'd let him play in a high school basketball game. And if he's that much better than everyone else, he'll likely lead his team to 3 state championships and 1 national championship -- all by meeting the qualifications of that particular sport.

But again since you were talking "hypothetically," this might be totally irrelevant.

I read this in Gob's voice btw.

What you said about Lebron was correct, except when you said "if lebron were between the ages of 14-18". I kind of stopped reading after that.. until the last sentence ;)

Lebron is a champion in the NBA. I'm talking about letting now Lebron play in a high school game. How would the high school kids on the other team feel about that? Pretty much how the people in this thread are feeling I'd think.

I re-wrote a song about this:

"Noooooo Open, no cry.
No...Open, no cry!"

I'll be making appearances at every "Am Bagger" thread to perform my new hit single.

Amazing

I've been dealing with a similar situation like this myself as I kind of straddle the line between INT and ADV. Depending on the course, I'll play either one.

However my rating just went up to 944 (wooooooo) so now, my decision is made for me. So no one to blame but myself for being so damn goooooooood.

Last edited:
Here's a description of sandbagging, though it only applies to handicap leagues.

A guy on your card throws his drive OB then retee rather than take the 200-300 foot advantage of playing where his drive went OB. This happens three times during the round; he even retees more than once on a hole. He turbo putts and rarely sinks the first putt. After four or five rounds like this, he starts shooting below-par rounds, does not retee, and no longer turbo putts. He's now cashing in the top five. He doesn't care about always playing his best, or making friends, he cares about maximizing his cash winnings.

My point is that "bagging" is intentionally playing poorly to maximize later rewards.

The situation being discussed here is something else since the player in question seems to be playing his best, but he's not stepping up to a higher division.

I think a new term is required.

Last edited:

Latest posts