• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How does my form look?

Follow through looks a bit stiff. It really needs to come around, not stop short. I did that and I had so many issues with my shoulders because of it.

Start on the basics of a golf throw. Need to get more backward to the target, shorten the plant step a lot, and use your body to throw.

what helped me alot with accuracy was keeping my eyes on the target or looking where I want to throw down the fairway. I noticed when i was looking down or back I was much more likely to have crazy throws.

I completely disagree with the "eyes on target always" method, but that's just IMO.

Your discs stall out real quick I'll bet - look at how nose up they are out of your hand. That's from not getting the weight fully transferred forward. You start to, but you then stick your heel out and dig it and that's like throwing on the parking brake.

I'd start by slowing down your approach. The approach/run-up means nothing if you try to get speed/momentum but then slow it down before you throw, plus you use up energy fighting the momentum you generate. This will help keep your chest level instead of pointing at the sky through the release, and your chest positioned level helps keep the nose down.

Hope this helps!

need to really get your momentum over your right leg...you are pulling back

Do as sidewinder22 says, get those hips turned. Also when you plant, you are putting your legs too close on a parallel line. Close up your stance a little (close as in baseball batting stance, move the lead leg forward) so that you can post on the front leg.

Lack of flexibility is a problem I have with my throw. I'm not sure what to do about that.

I'll see if I can get more over my plant foot, turn away from the target more with my hips, and get a better/more natural follow through.

CwAlbino, I didn't understand what you said about my stance.

There is little benefit coming from your X-step without turning your hips and shoulders more. A stand-still will probably push you out further than with the run-up.

Not to pick on Prerube, but he has little shouder/hip rotation as well and is more comfortable stepping in front of his lead leg on the second step instead of behind. This is not anywhere nearly as efficient as a proper xstep/reachback/pullthrough, but if you are struggling with flexibility and know for sure you can't progress toward "proper form", explore non-conventional methods.

Try to get your arm up, your pulling from your waist going up towards the end of your throw.

Latest posts