• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How far can you throw your putt and approach discs?

How far can you throw your putt and approach discs?

• Total voters
I've never tried driving my putter past the shortest holes at local courses so I picked 175. The gap was always so big that without incremental distance increases I knew I'd toss a wild shot so I didn't bother trying.

I can get my Rhynos out to 250' pretty consistently, and my Aviars (KC and McPro) are closing in on that range as well. If I'm in range where I could also throw a powered-down mid, but I need to keep it straight, throwing a putter is usually a good bet.

As a general rule, I try to use the slowest disc I can to get to where I need to go, so being able to throw 250' with a putter is key.

I can get my Pig out to a good 275-280 on a decent line with a little flex. My Aviars I don't really rip for distance but I use them on short approaches from like 200 feet and in, so at least 201 feet haha

I can throw any of the Vibram putters out to 225 feet. The Sole might glide out to 250. I "voted" 225.

I can throw an opto Pure over 250 feet, but I didn't count it because I never putt with it.

I really like driving with putters. The control you get with them along with reduced "skip away" makes them ideal on shorter holes and narrow fairways.

aiming at the chains might actually be a bad idea.. but then again i didn't really know how to play when i made this name.

I don't like ripping putters if I can avoid it. The only putter that I throw is an R-Pro 175g Pig. I usually move up in disc above 250'ish feet depending on the situation. I then move up to my 2-ace Buzzz or a Mako and just throw it a little lighter. If I really ripped the Pig, I feel like I could get it to 300', but I would lose so much accuracy with that

i voted 175' as an average
i use my opto pure for shots about 150'-200'
and my zone for 100'-200'
and my soft ridge for shots 50'-150'
magics inside 50'

Latest posts