• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How far can you throw?

I can not throw over 600 feet. The only people in Oregon that I am aware that have that ability are Dion Arlyn and Skip Wise. There are dozens of people that can get over 500', however.

600 is my max uphill into the wind with a Sonic. Yeah I throw FARRRRRR!

But do you have control?
If so, why are you not winning the longest drive?
If so, why are you not one of the top pros in the sport?
Personally, I think you are yanking the OP's chain.

Okay. I am just trying to get a read on others abilities to drive. I am one that can throw over 600.

So my first expectation is that you are trolling, as you only have 6 posts. If not, my second expectation is you live in la-la land. I'm cool with either possibility as this is the internet, and both scenarios are more than expected.

But, yeah, that's cool. If you can throw over 600' you should find a WFDF competition, compete in distance, and then share the link to your results, so that your outlandlish claim can be substantiated.

If you do that, I will retract my scenarios and happily admit I was wrong.

:)

So my first expectation is that you are trolling, as you only have 6 posts. If not, my second expectation is you live in la-la land. I'm cool with either possibility as this is the internet, and both scenarios are more than expected.

But, yeah, that's cool. If you can throw over 600' you should find a WFDF competition, compete in distance, and then share the link to your results, so that your outlandlish claim can be substantiated.

If you do that, I will retract my scenarios and happily admit I was wrong.

:)

I have been playing disc golf for about 26 years (off and on in my 20's) and am back playing with a lot of passion so I wanted to join a forum to talk disc golf! :). I understand you don't want to believe me. Who am I to you, right? Haha. I am actually planning on practicing to see if I can get the world record (I don't want to say it is impossible, but it sure is going to take a lot of effort).

I have been playing disc golf for about 26 years (off and on in my 20's) and am back playing with a lot of passion so I wanted to join a forum to talk disc golf! :). I understand you don't want to believe me. Who am I to you, right? Haha. I am actually planning on practicing to see if I can get the world record (I don't want to say it is impossible, but it sure is going to take a lot of effort).

Oh no, you've got me pegged wrong. It isn't that I "don't want to believe you". If you can actually throw that far, I'm super impressed and would love to see you come out and prove it. This isn't me hating on you, this is me, telling you how things work on the internet.

Guy makes account > Guy makes outlandish claim > thread goes on for a couple of days > original poster gets ridiculed for making claims without proof > thread devolves into personal insults > thread get's shut down.

If you seriously think you can throw that far, I would love to see proof. If you prove it, you're the man! I've been involved in this sport for a long time, and my experience is that the majority of people who claim they can throw over 500 absolutely can not throw over 500. For someone to show up and claim 600 is actually ridiculous. As it stands, you just joined the forum, you haven't shared with us who you really are, and as such, have no credibility to back you claims.

I can throw over 500', but I'm not going to bother telling strangers that, because it isn't relevant and they have no reason to believe me, so it's just a "bigger than you" comment, which serves no real purpose except maybe to temporarily fluff my ego.

If you are really interested in what kind of distance to expect from top distance throwers, research it. This forum is NOT going to give you accurate numbers on what to expect, but distance comp results exist elsewhere that will give you a base to use for your quest of a world record.

So in summary, I don't care if you are right or not. This is not personal. It's just a lack of credibility that is holding you back on this forum, in my opinion. Prove me wrong, and I'll nod to you and eat my keyboard (not literally, it's gross)

I have been playing disc golf for about 26 years (off and on in my 20's)

One more thing, your math is confusing me. Your 20s only have 10 years max in them. Did you mean 6 years? Or 26 years? If it was 26 years, then you have to have been playing for more than off and on in your 20s. And finally, how old are you now?

Cheers.

gwillim,
I understand. I chose my words wrong. I wasn't claiming that you just don't want to believe me, but that there was no reason to believe and I understand that. I wasn't trying to prove anything I simply was trying to further the conversation.

Great idea to research distances thrown by others other than the latest world record. I didn't think of that.

Latest posts