• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How Fast or Slow do you Play?

How fast or slow do you play?

• Speedy Gonzales

Votes: 85 43.8%
  • Neither the fastest, nor the slowest

Votes: 93 47.9%
  • One of the slowest in my group

Votes: 13 6.7%
  • Tortoise Speed

Votes: 3 1.5%

• Total voters
I'm fast. It's one of the reasons I don't play a lot of organized rounds. I don't have a ton of free time, so it's valuable to me.

I take my time on putts but mostly I most at avg speed. But I will take a moment on putts to make sure I get the shot I want.

I usually play at a fairly good pace because I do most of my outings solo. I like to get into a certain pace and don't bother with all the posturing, etc. before I throw my discs or putt. I can usually finish my home field course, The Oaks in Mokena which is a 27 hole'r with a couple of long holes on it, in about 70 minutes or so, usually finishing anywhere between 7 to 12 under par. Completed a 54 hole outing recently in a little under 3 hours. If it's hot and humid out or I get a little tired I will take a seat on a bench occasionally towards the end of the course. I'm no spring chicken anymore pushing 60 years of age.

Pretty fast. I usually play solo, and sometimes on my 1hr lunch break I will get the full 22-holes in on the local course. It's about a 2.5mile hike.

If it's with a group I try to keep the group moving at a steady pace, but don't worry about speed as much. Jut try to make sure we aren't interrupting the flow on the course. I usually play with family some of whom aren't very skilled...so we treat is as a family outing.

In the few tournaments I've played I'd say I'm above average speed, but since I know the round will take a long time I try to slow things down and really focus on each shot. I also don't want my card mates to feel rushed, so I probably slow my walking pace down a little for that reason. I've definitely been on a few cards with "that guy" who takes over 30sec making multiple practice putts only to air ball most of them haha....I admire the commitment to the process, but can't help but chuckle when someone takes what feels like an eternity on a 25' putt only to miss badly.

When I'm playing alone, I'm pretty fast. I speed up when I play through groups, to get on out of their way. When I'm playing with others, I go with the speed of the group, which may be slower than when I play alone.

Solo I can be the slowest around or speed golf. Slow only because I'm throwing multiple drives and putts, or fast because I will only have one or two or three discs and might be half jogging between shots.

If I'm with a group usually at the average speed of the group. Ive played with some who throw and move, and seem to hardly even break stride from Teebox to Pin. Others who are taking close to 30 seconds with every single shot and that is AFTER they establish a quiet teebox (when they are the ones who need to be reminded its not a soap box).

I exclusively army crawl.

LMAO

I'm pretty quick myself. I tend to overthink it if I take too much time.

I played a doubles league with a guy who is not the greatest thrower but is like a 1020 putter. He broke the 30 second rule on the regular. Everyone hated us. But this guy would stand over his lie and must have been doing some type of deep internal dialogue meditation because when he finally threw he would bang it. He made lots outside of 50 feet. I'm hyperactive and play fast, so even as his partner it was hard to take, but we won the league by a decent margin and his putting had a lot to do with it.

I'm usually one of the slowest I think... I've definitely come across folks that are slower, but not many, or maybe it's just in my head and I think I'm slow...

I would say you are leisurely.....you always seem to be out for a stroll and just happen to be discing if that makes sense.

I play as fast as I can. If I was in better shape, I'd run the course. (Actually, that's a good idea to GET into shape)

If I'm with others, I have to slow down because of the nature of group play.

I'm 5-7 seconds once I'm on the tee or at my lie before I throw, and I usually have decided what to throw and have the disc out of the bag when I get there. So in general I keep the pace going fairly quickly. What hurts me is that I'm usually the last person to throw off the tee, so everyone else has their bag and starts walking as soon as I throw. I have to go get my bag and start walking, which leaves me a good 15' behind everyone to start. Then my disc is the shortest throw, so the card gets there and waits for me. Then my shot usually sucks so if you throw far you might have to watch me throw twice before we get to your lie. It creates an illusion that I'm playing really slow since on most holes the card is waiting around for me to get to my lie and they have to watch me take four throws for every three the rest of the card makes.

I take practice run ups on important drives and for important upshots. Normally if i rush or decide what disc to use for a lay, I don't execute very well.

We've got a real Lake Wobegone situation going on here. I've waited on WAY too many tee pads for you all to be fast.

LIARS!

We've got a real Lake Wobegone situation going on here. I've waited on WAY too many tee pads for you all to be fast.

LIARS!

If I have nothing/nobody to impede my progress, I can finish most 9 hole courses around here in under 20 minutes without putting forth any real effort lol.

I'm 5-7 seconds once I'm on the tee or at my lie before I throw, and I usually have decided what to throw and have the disc out of the bag when I get there. So in general I keep the pace going fairly quickly. What hurts me is that I'm usually the last person to throw off the tee, so everyone else has their bag and starts walking as soon as I throw. I have to go get my bag and start walking, which leaves me a good 15' behind everyone to start. Then my disc is the shortest throw, so the card gets there and waits for me. Then my shot usually sucks so if you throw far you might have to watch me throw twice before we get to your lie. It creates an illusion that I'm playing really slow since on most holes the card is waiting around for me to get to my lie and they have to watch me take four throws for every three the rest of the card makes.

Sounds like my game...

LIARS!

The fast players like to brag.

The slow players are still finishing up on some other threads, and haven't made it to this one yet.

I am fast for a 390 pounder, but slow compared to other golfers. In the off season I am working on my endurance and dropping some weight by going to the gym every day. I started 3 weeks ago so, I am pretty serious about getting this goal accomplished.

The fast players like to brag.

The slow players are still finishing up on some other threads, and haven't made it to this one yet.

I know, way too many fast votes. Almost everyone at the course plays slower than me. I am in the south though, and most southerners move pretty slow and just don't know it. So maybe they think they are playing fast because when they get to their throw they throw again quickly, but then just stroll on to their next lie in slow motion.

@DavidSauls, that made me bust out laughing, thanks for that haha.

I don't get the fascination with playing fast in disc golf, anyway. I'm in the park for fun. Why do I need to be in such a damn hurry for my fun to be over?

Latest posts