• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How long after your first ace did you hit your second?

How long after your first ace did you get your second?

• I don't have any Aces yet :'(

Votes: 54 18.1%
  • The same round

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Less than a month

Votes: 48 16.1%
  • 2-6 Months

Votes: 50 16.8%
  • 6 months to a year

Votes: 26 8.7%
  • 1-2 Years

Votes: 33 11.1%
  • 2-5 Years

Votes: 21 7.0%
  • I only have 1 Ace

Votes: 61 20.5%

• Total voters
Took me 1 year, 2 months, 21 days or 448 days to hit my second one. Do the next ones come easier after you break that barrier?

I got my first ace over 13 years ago but...

This year I've hit 3.

Got one of them at Dolese Park and got another the very next day at Will Rogers.

It's been a year and a half now, it was last Memorial Day.

I've hit plenty of baskets since, I'm well overdue.

Only hit one... I forget the date since it was on the disc... and I lost the disc x_x maybe august something? Idk. I didn't vandalize the basket so I have no other point of reference lol. Hit the post a couple times, hit the basket 3-4 times, and chain in chain out twice... I'm just going to keep trying to park the basket instead of go for it, my scores are better that way. lol

It was 10 months between my only 2, but it took me 12 years to get my first one. It's now been over 2 years and 2 months since my last one. It would be nice to get some more, but I just don't care about getting them that much any more.

i hit my first ace on new years day in 06 still waiting on number 2. i did take like a 3 year break and a lot of breaks due too injury(im fragile).

i hit my first ace on new years day in 06 still waiting on number 2. i did take like a 3 year break and a lot of breaks due too injury(im fragile).

Sounds like my story my one ace was June of 06. I have had several near misses including this week at a tourney in which I bounced a disc that was so close that the chains moved as it went by. I did take about a year and a half off after my first child so it's been awhile I am due

i cant even count how many chains and metals ive hit its like a bad curse or something and i never throw another discs cause if i ace it on the second throw id just be angry and i wouldnt count it. i'd rather have a child than what ive gone through. 2 knee reconstructions, tore a muscle in my back, broke an ankle, theres something wrong with my shoulder now but i dont have insurance to get it checked out right now but it doesnt effect my throw just my willingness to play. sooner or later ill get my second but you can't try to force um.

I only have the one ace, but anyone who says they hit their first and second ace in the same round is full of sh*t and probably fits in quite well around here...

My first ace was 2 months after I started and 3 months after that for my second. I have been playing for 3.8 years and have 22 aces I think. I look back on discgolfscene.com and see the progression from the discs I used to throw. I've had 5 league aces, which have brought some good cash. My most recent accomplishment was nailing two in one round. Shortest ace 185 longest 325.

Keep them coming, I love watching them go in!

Mine was just over 6 years between 1 and 2....but i basically only played 1-2 rounds a year for 5 of those.....and got Ace 2 a few weeks after starting back up hard this year.

I haven't followed the whole thread, but I feel the need to point out that all courses are not equal.
This is not meant to diminish anyone's Ace(s), but the plain fact is that some courses have multiple aceable holes and some have few or none.
I've played my home course close to a thousand rounds or more and have seldom even sniffed at an Ace. This may be hard for some of you to imagine, but I've played with guys who've been at this course for years and never had an Ace.
I have two Aces, but got them while travelling to other courses in the state.
For many folks, not having Aces is not necessarily a measure of your skill, it may just be that your home course is designed to be Ace-unfriendly, like mine.

My two were about a year apart. My first was in the summer of 2011 when I hit hole 1 at Bellamy park. It's a 235ft big anhyzer over a river and slightly uphill at the end. I thought nobody had seen it, but a couple guys were milling around by the practice basket and congratulated me on the way by. My second was this June on hole 9, which is the easiest ace on the course by far. It's a 205ft downhill drive right at the basket which I hit with my Roc. Still waiting on a 3rd though there have been plenty of close calls.

When i started in the early 80s. I hit a few aces days apart with my guts frisbee at a course that is now considered a a pitch and putt. Hit a few that first summer, most on a 90ft hole (All of my aces are under 250 ft). When I found a Phantom and purchased a Coupe a few years later ,my ace total increased. Still recall the summer day in 86 when a friend and i had 8 aces between us on our 2 rounds played. He hit 5 aces on 3 different holes (back to back aces on 2 holes) I matched his aces on 3 holes. It was crazy. I've hit three aces this year at 3.different courses. Aced 14 of 18 holes at the fore mentioned p & p over the years.

I only have the one ace, but anyone who says they hit their first and second ace in the same round is full of sh*t and probably fits in quite well around here...

I've seen someone hit three in a row (7, 8, & 9 at Lincoln Ridge). They weren't his first, but why is it so unfeasible someone could hit two in a row for their first?

I don't recall how long it took to get my 2nd ace. My last ace (2 summers ago) was 15 years after my previous ace.

I got my first and only ace this year on Friday April 13th. When it happened I realized how much dumb luck is involved in getting aces. It was an awkward throw and I nearly fell off of the teepad upon release. I stood up and watched it fall in the basket. just dumb luck.

I will say I've had more close calls this year than ever before. but still no more dumb luck.