• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How long between aces?

Fntsygamr

Bogey Member
I just hit my 2nd ace yesterday. It has been 53 weeks since my last one; May 12, 2014.

How long has it been between your recent ace and your previous one?

Last one was early Feb 2012, so 3 years and counting. Took a couple years for my first, but I'm pretty sure this is my longest ace-less span.
FWIW, I also play a lot less and on longer courses now, even though I never hit an ace on the 9-holer 'shorty' course by my old house that I played the most often.

It took 6 years to get my first ace and then in that year i got six! After that on average of an ace a year but i have been shut out in some years too.

Took me about 2 years to get my first, then I got two more within the next year. We're close to 2 years now since my last, and it's no fun.

Took five years to the get the first one.
Got the second one almost a year later.
Got the third one about 1 1/2 years after that.
Got the fourth one ten months later.
Got the fifth one fourteen months after that.

Almost 2 1/2 years since.

My most recent one was about a month ago..... The one previous to that was 6 days before. Same disc, different course.

The awesome thing was they were both at different leagues in which the ace fund hadn't been hit yet that year!

I had always heard they came in bunches.

It's been over 2 years. Might be close to 3 now, I remember my last ace but don't remember exactly when it was. Before that I hit at least 1 a year for the first 8 years I played. I play less often, play longer courses, play smarter golf, and experience less wind. I think all of those are contributing factors

I have 9 total aces, all between 2003 and 2007. Haven't hit one since. Of course, I didn't play much from 2008 to 2014, only a few times per year. I've hit metal a bunch of times this year, one of them will stick eventually!

I'm pretty streaky on aces. I have gotten two this year about a week apart. Last year I hit 6 aces. 4 within about a month and half and 2 random ones about 3 months before and after the streak.

3 aces last July (2 on one roadtrip) and none since then. Quite a few near misses so its only a matter of time.

3+ years, no aces. I play longish courses though and have had a lot of metal hits in the last 2months. I feel an ace coming.

Currently on my longest span without an ace (380 days going back to 5/5/14). Shortest span between aces was 3 holes on 5/9/13 (on a total putt-putt course with the longest hole of the 9 being 187'...I shot 16 strokes for the round) :D

...oh, and I'll still play dinky courses, if given the chance! I'm not proud. :eek:

Longest was between my 2nd and 3rd, probably 5-6 years. Last one was 2-3 years ago???

I need to play more.

I play frequently may-sept and have hit abpit two a year the last 3 years since I learned how to throw a disc somewhat properly. My first one was a complete accident on a shanked drive

Latest posts