• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How long between aces?

2 years 3 months. and hit dead center basket today and it flopped out. i'll be in the commiseration thread next.

About a month. My local course is pretty short and I run the basket a lot. I expect to have another ace under the belt in a week or two, mark my words

first was just shy of 2 years playing. second was 6 months after that, third was a week after the second. still hunting for #4. been 3-4 months since the last ace. aces come in clumps.

Sadly, I have one Ace. Happened during a flip city league night however, and was on 7/25/12. So it's been years :wall:

Diamond X, hole 6 Red, July 17, 2014 to date...many chains and cages since but nothing sticking. I was course guiding for that round so it was cool.

I have a few field aces but only 1 actual ace. The problem is, from the drive...I've literally now trained myself to think "make the disc land 30ft in front of the basket" so unless it jumps in, I doubt I'll ever get another ace. :(

My last ace was on Hole #12 short, at Dolese Park in Oklahoma City on December 24 2012 with a Pink Star Gator. It was four days before moving to England for the next four years. As I stepped up to the tee, I said, "I hate this Hole..." to my buddy Dave. Then it was nothing but chains and I obviously felt differently about the hole. Ever since then, I have had nothing! I have face planted the basket, upper band, pole and chained out more times than I can count, but I just cant seem to get them to stick. I'll take a drop in Birdie every day of the week though.

I dont count my aces. All I know is that I never had one in tournament, all of them were in practice rounds :/ I dont keep my ace discs, either. Aces are flukes, and most of the time the throw would be bad if it had not gone in.

I have 4 total. Only 1 on my home course (Cedar Hills) which is mostly wooded. The other 3 are on a the local pitch and putt (Kentwood). The last one was about 2 years ago oddly enough they were all before I really learned how to shape my shots. The last one did piss off my buddy who had never beat me at Kentwood but was 2 strokes ahead when i aced 17. Threw his game off so badly that he bogied the last 2 holes and i beat him by 3 strokes. Sorry Ryan.

3 Aces:
10/17/11
10/24/11
3/27/15

After getting my first 2, 1 week apart, I thought that it was easy LOL. 41 months later, I finally get my 3rd lol

My first ace was 12 years ago. Still waiting on the second. I prefer to play for the deuce. There is only 1 hole I regularly try to ace because it has a rock wall back stop.

That being said, I would love to get some more aces because they are pretty cool.

My first ace was 12 years ago. Still waiting on the second. I prefer to play for the deuce. There is only 1 hole I regularly try to ace because it has a rock wall back stop.

That being said, I would love to get some more aces because they are pretty cool.

I'm with you on the going for the deuce thing. I'm usually aiming at a safe landing zone that will give me a birdie putt. I have zero aces but if I ever do get one, it will be because I missed the actual spot I was aiming for. I'm a pretty conservative player. I've hit metal twice on the hole attached. But when you look at it, there isn't much you can do besides going straight at the basket. On the usual courses I play, there are only a few holes where going for the ace is a. possible b. worth the risk/reward. I think this photo was taken by brokensaint so I hope you don't mind that I borrowed it.

7eb5ae2e.jpg

Last edited:
Since last July I have hit 4 Aces (16,17,18,19) but it was a while between #15 and #16.

4/30/2015 #19
1/29/2015 #18
12/5/2014 #17
7/12/2014 #16
8/18/2012 #15

Last edited: