• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How long did it take to get your 1st ACE?

How many years before you got your first ace?

• Total voters
My first ace was was Nov. 9th, 2008, bout two years after I started playing. ON MY BIRTHDAY AT THAT!!! (I was told that the b-day ace was a thing of legend) Hit it with a max weight FLOPPY pro rhyno.

14 1/2 years to get one. In my defense I play a lot of courses with long holes (400-600 feet). The one ace I do have was on an almost 300 foot uphill shot.

So far I'm the longest playing without an ace yet...

That being said, I started playing when I was a youngster (couldn't throw it nearly far enough) and then played only about once a year for more than half of my years.
I play about once a month now. I've had plenty of easy deuces so it's only a matter of time. I don't think about it much anymore.

About 7 months. I will admit though, I play 2 very short courses very often and all 5 of my aces came on these two.

mine came 4 months after i started playing, on thanksgiving day in '08. glad my brother was there to witness it.

I got mine rather quickly. But, for those of you still waiting; our main course designer just got his first in 2009. He's been playing since the 1970s....originally walked all of our courses with Steady Ed; and is in his 60s. Point, I guess, is that stay with it; and eventually it will come. All playing in the group with him last year; had a tear in their eye....

I got mine the 2nd year in with a disc I found like 2 weeks before that. I haven't had one since & that was almost 5 years ago. I've come close a few times, but still nothin'.

Took me 7 years to get an ace but once i got my first one in April of this year i had 5 more follow....

4-6 weeks They moved the basket two weeks later after they found out that I aced it and just started playing. It was only 170 probably to begin with.

2-3 years, hit many baskets and chains before that. My first 2 aces were on a really short hole~ 150 ft, longest is right around 300 ft. Still waiting for that "long ace" 350+

Latest posts