• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How long did it take to get your 1st ACE?

How many years before you got your first ace?

• Total voters
Finally snagged my first ace today on #9 at Bill Allen Memorial in The Colony, TX. Was pretty stoked. I believe the hole was about 190' straight down a tree ally with the pin hidden behind a tree to the left at the end. Put the Buzzz on a nice hyzer line and heard the sound of plastic mashing chain. You can't see the pin from the teebox so I had to sprint down there to confirm it, and it sure was as ace. Fortunately, I was playing with someone else, so I even had the witness! :)

I was out there putting this morning. Congrats

Finally snagged my first ace today on #9 at Bill Allen Memorial in The Colony, TX. Was pretty stoked. I believe the hole was about 190' straight down a tree ally with the pin hidden behind a tree to the left at the end. Put the Buzzz on a nice hyzer line and heard the sound of plastic mashing chain. You can't see the pin from the teebox so I had to sprint down there to confirm it, and it sure was as ace. Fortunately, I was playing with someone else, so I even had the witness! :)

I know which hole you're talking about. Nice shot. Love that course.

about 5 months. just got my first last month. felt i was due because of all the times ive hit chains or metal. took a friend 15 years, and my brother a little over a year

Last Thursday, 11 months after starting this game. 117 Foot Hole 4, Acorn Park in Roseville, MN, 175 pink Org 175 Wizard on a slight Hyzer, "Ching" Hell yeah! Witnessed by my good friend Brooklyn.

I only started playing seriously in March, so that put me at 8 months after hitting the ace today. This was my first time playing Bill Allen Memorial and I really enjoyed the course. The back nine is crazy hard though and my ace was quickly erased with several trips into the woods.

My first ace

It took me about 4 months into my first year of disc to nail my first ace with a buzzz. and then about 2 weeks later I hit my second ace! Now its been about a month and I feel like I'm in a major slump

:sick:

I am still surprised when I get a birdie. I will faint if I ever get an ace.

I remember how my expectations continued to change when I started playing. At first, all I wanted was a par. Then, birdies started to become a possibility. Then, I expected birdies on a semi-regular basic. And lastly, I started wanting the metal. Once you hit metal, you'll be hooked for the ace. :|

0 real aces and 6 thumbers that rang chains :( 3 of those passed through the chains but couldn't hold the basket. All at distances of 225' or more. This is in about 6 months of playing.

I'd like to say "aces don't matter, it's birdies that win rounds", but that's because I've never experienced making an ace...

It took me about 4 months into my first year of disc to nail my first ace with a buzzz. and then about 2 weeks later I hit my second ace! Now its been about a month and I feel like I'm in a major slump

:sick:

I hate people like you... I have zero. After six years. :|

I've hit aces in practice, but I suppose I play too conservative when competing to make one that counts.

I've hit aces in practice, but I suppose I play too conservative when competing to make one that counts.

Play doubles at all? Prob the best way to hit an ace in competition. One guy parks it and the other runs at it, alternate who goes first on every hole

Latest posts