• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How long did it take to get your 1st ACE?

How many years before you got your first ace?

• Total voters
took me about 7 years to get my first ace, then had 3 more in the matter of 2 or so weeks. 1 (my second) was a crazy fluke, but like after 7 years of ZERO i get 4 in the matter of 15 days? kinda odd if you ask me...

its probably when you started listening to deadmau5 :p

took me 2-3 years, one year into playing seriously- had 3 more within a few months

its probably when you started listening to deadmau5 :p

lol you ACTUALLY might be on to something:hfive:

PS i gotta brag hes in town for my birthday in september im STOKED:popcorn: >>> but i digress lol (couldnt resist)

threadjack apologies

Got my first last year after 4 long years of close calls. Now I have 4 already this year!

Still waiting dammit! Nailed metal 2 rounds in a row at Buckhorn on #10, but no chains. Oh well, it gives me something to look forward to. Maybe this weekend.

Got my second one today with my Putter! Soft Magnet baby! It is not the longest hole, but it is a tricky hole. #2 at Timber Lane in Spring , TX, my home course:

TimberLanehole2resized.jpg

On average how many metal/ basket hits do you guys have before you get your first ace? I've had 3 for sure (but maybe 4 or 5, on blind holes) but no real ace yet.

I started playing in May of 2010. I got my first ace in Feb. of 2011, so about 9-10 months. I've hit metal 4 times but no chains except for my ace. My ace was on Hole Number 9 at Hood River, OR. I used a light toss with my Z XL. It's a short blind hole, about 175' where you need a straight shot with some fade at the end to curve you left behind a tree where the basket is. The only indication you get that you aced is the audible sound of the chains. Then you have to run up there quick to let yourself off the hook and learn if it stayed in.

DH

Started Playing in Feb. 2010, got my first one Last week. About 180 ft and about 30-40 foot drop, basket under a huge tree. Threw my DX Rhyno into a crazy headwind, it caught just right and dropped right below the lowest branch and fraught into metal. Got my second one last night, 6 days later. Thumber with a Z Flick on hole 16 at Lions Park in temple TX
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?id=303&p=20708bf1

I want my first one to be anywhere!!! That would rock!!!
Although today I did birdie a 250 ft hole in a rain storm.

It took me 1 year and 11 days. I got my first ace 6/19/2011, on hole #4 Alan Johnson Memorial Park in Mulvane KS. Par 3 247 ft using a Pro Katana 162g. I had been within 3-5 foot of the basket probably 5-6 times on different courses with similar length, but never hit metal before this ace. It was just luck. Tee shot was straight then it bounced off a tree limb and slammed in the basket. Totally caught me by surprise, but hey I aint complaining.

I got my first ace today on hole 6 at Oak Ledges (Lincoln) in akron 244, par 3. I stepped up to the tee pad, looked at the shot amd said to myself, "that looks perfect for my roc." I stepped up, threw it with a little bit of anny and watched it S around a branch, lost right of it as it dropped, heard chains, looked and saw it sitting in the basket.

Almost 4 years, hopefully the next one doesnt take this long.

Last edited:
Metal again... I've lost count. Aces=Zero, birdies off hitting a great drive= Tons.

Latest posts