• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How long do you look before it's "lost"?

codus1984

Eagle Member
I was curious how long will you look for your disc before you consider it "lost".
I'm refering to non-tourney rounds...I personally won't give up on any of my plastic in non-tourney rounds...I've had groups leave me behind because they were tired of helping...I always find them...No one gets left behind!!!!:D:popcorn:

I dont ever give up until I find it unless its in the water.

Stand by to be berated by the DGCR police and trolls. :popcorn:

Depends on the circumstances. When I loose a bright orange disc on a freshly cut fairway, I'll look until I find it. It once took about thirty minutes and walking a grid pattern. Granted it was a blind shot though. But to answer your question, I rarely leave one behind either.

If it's in the water and I can't see it, I don't really care. If it's in some thick woods or something, I'll look for a bit. If it's something like my go to 11x Roc, I've spent 30ish minutes looking for that, multiple times :|.

I usually don't look. If I can't see it as I'm walking to where it should be, I just leave it. No disc is worth more than 15 seconds of my time. I'll just throw from where it should be (no penalty).

Katana made this, but he added a poll. Check out the definative lost disc thread.

no thanks rube....i knew you'd be all over anything that may have been posted since 2008....thanks though! now how long do you look before you consider your disc lost?? :\

IF I saw it go somewhere and I'm sure it's there I'll look for a long time, 30 minutes to an hour if necessary depending on what disc it is. If it landed in a lake or something I'll look but if I don't see it right near the shore then it's gone.

no thanks rube....i knew you'd be all over anything that may have been posted since 2008....thanks though! now how long do you look before you consider your disc lost?? :\

Someone who cant search the forum probably cant search the woods very well.
i answered this before, as other people said it depends upon the disc, the place it is lost, and if it is in competition.
i search until i feel the people playing with me are getting annoyed by the delay.

I've only ever lost one disc on land, and that's 'cause it got dark. The longest I've ever looked was 20 min. for a Katana at Tocobaga, and the same time for my putter at Ann Mo.

i answered this before, as other people said it depends upon the disc, the place it is lost, and if it is in competition.
i search until i feel the people playing with me are getting annoyed by the delay.

wow! i didn't actually expect you to answer...why are you so sour bro?? wtf? i searched the forum after you flashed your dgcr badge and didn't find it very quickly....thanks for your response....:|
BTW: I have never lost a disc....i guess my woods searching skills are far superior to my forum searching skills.....

this deserves some rep!

ive spent 2 hours looking for a disc before. its my teerex and its my favorite and i wasnt gonna leave untill i got it back