• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How long do you search for a disc before calling it quits?

10 minutes is our group rule, the owner can call time before that.

By myself? Until I get tired or frustrated.

In a tournament? 3 minutes.

Casual rounds? Depends how much i like the disc and how ireplacable it is. Ranging between 15 minutes and a year...

10 minutes is our group rule, the owner can call time before that.

By myself? Until I get tired or frustrated.

I like this. I would feel bad if I held up the group for more than ten minutes, and I would get frustrated at others if they held me up for longer.

I'll say this...I give up on finding green discs a lot quicker than any other color. (Havent made that mistake again).

I'll say this...I give up on finding green discs a lot quicker than any other color. (Havent made that mistake again).

Ever since I grabbed a pink teebird - I can't NOT buy a pink disc. Its sad - now I keep checking disc golf center for pink discs in the weights I want so I can nab them now and stock up. I was lucky and they had 3 dx teebirds that should be arriving this week. I wanted 1 more dx bird as a backup - but hey - why not take all three. I know they'll get the use eventually and I wont have to be mad that they are out of pink next time I need to order.

And green - ugh. I have a green / purple (rim) Nova that is my main putting putter. I refuse to throw it on anything outside the circle as I've almost lost that ^&*( thing in my yard doing fieldwork. Thankfully my other Nova is nice and pink.

Tangent: I've found the best method for success in finding lost discs is to go back to the tee pad or last known point of reference and walk the witnessed flight path. Caution: don't, I say DO NOT try when throwing over water, cliffs, traffic or zoos.

Exactly Timeetyo, I've nearly lost my tern doing simple field work. I was about to give up when I decided to go back to the same spot and throw a similar disc. Sure enough, it landed right next to it. I had walked over it a thousand times tho I bet!

I bought a couple of Disc Beepers, so I plan on spending less time hunting for lost discs. Now I just have to settle on which two discs... :\

I threw a Pro Leopard the other day and some nasty wind grabbed it after it hit a tree. I watched it go down a hill behind me and I could have went looking for it. It was brand new and never had hit anything, so I said screw it. I did not even go look down the hill as a brand new Pro Leopard is something easy to replace. Had it been broken in, I would have went and grabbed it.

probably longer than i should considering the value of my time.

i just get attached to certain discs and HATE losing anything in a silly way. if i toss a disc into the middle of a lake/pond/river, i can live with it and accept the loss because i know the disc is long gone.

but if i throw something into tall grass/brush/schule and can't find it... then i get angry because i SHOULD be able to find it. so i end up wasting a bunch of time because i can't let the disc go.

Latest posts