• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How long do you search for your discs?

Thats funny I think being stoned helps me to search non-stop for my disc. Im a pretty impaitent person normally...haha It does suck when you cant remember where you looked and where you didnt though...haha

or if you drive, then take like a 5-10 minute session before walking to your drive...i almost always misplace my drive unless it's completely obvious in the middle of the fairway, sometimes then too...

that sucks on the quiting thing, why'd you decide to do that?

The Man gave me five days for my second paraphanila? When i asked for a lawyer they said if i didnt plead guilty they would charge me with a felony. So five days changes your train of thought....Ohh yeah and the 175 days i have on the shelf. October 25 2009 i promise Mary ill be back.

It all depends on how attached I am to the disc. I spent a good 20 minutes in Florida swamp water looking for my beloved DX Destroyer that I had turned over and put in the swamp, found 3 others before I finally found it. For most discs usually only about 10 minutes or so.

Lost one tonight, five last night, and one last Thursday. The LINKS at Quail Valley is a cruel course if you risk the water...
Bro, rough night. You must really play risky.
Have you ever went swimming at the links?

I've logged 23 rounds at The LINKS and so far I've sunk 32 discs there. Maybe 6-7 have come back eventually. That lost total would be higher but after losing five my first time out I bought a bunch of Dragons to throw out there. But over the last ~four months I've improved my throwing speed to the point where I can't throw a 150g Dragon without turning it over and launching it into whatever county is East of the tee ;)

After Texas States back in April I went swimming several times as part of the disc reclamation effort. Over those several weeks we pulled out close to 300 discs that were lost at the tourney and weeks leading up to it. I eventually decided that braving the all the snakes and gator (see post #9 here) weren't worth a piece of plastic.

But for those that don't know it's standard for a Houston course's water to be so murky that you'll only be able to see about 3-4 inches deep. If a disc is deeper than that you've got to search by feel which makes for really slow going.

ERic

I've logged 23 rounds at The LINKS and so far I've sunk 32 discs there. Maybe 6-7 have come back eventually.
[...]
it's standard for a Houston course's water to be so murky that you'll only be able to see about 3-4 inches deep. If a disc is deeper than that you've got to search by feel which makes for really slow going.
I've also saved a few more from being lost by using the dredger that I talked about in this post: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1590&postcount=2
Doesn't work all that well, but did save enough plastic to pay for itself. :rolleyes:

ERic

or if you drive, then take like a 5-10 minute session before walking to your drive...i almost always misplace my drive unless it's completely obvious in the middle of the fairway, sometimes then too...

that sucks on the quiting thing, why'd you decide to do that?

Nah man, I leave all that stuff at home, and just arrive mentally prepared for the day...haha I dont wanna wind up with the hassles agentdozzers got right now. I cant imagine how many discs i'd forget about if i was teeing off and "taking a break"..ahah

For me it depends on the personal value of the Disc.

I was playing doubles with 4 teams and left my only classic Roc in a fairway a couple holes back last night. After we finished I tried to find it in the dark but I did not see it. I drive 40 miles both ways this morning at 7:30 to get it. I might have waited until this afternoon, but I am in a tournament this weekend and did not want to risk not having it.

I have spares of my drivers so I would not have been as upset it it was one of those that I left.

I live 42 miles from the nearest course and only have 2 within 50 miles. So I throw everywhere. I have had people ask me if I was the guy they saw in the field.

I once spent 5 weeks looking for a disc. It was in a wheat field. I had been trying to throw an anhyzer and one got away from me and ended up in the wheat. It was about the same color and I spent about an hour looking for it. It got dark so I had to go. I went back every few days until I found it. It was my best putter and had been a gift from a friend who new I did not have the money to buy this particular disc. So it meant a lot.

I will spend as long as it takes if its a good disc. If it happens to be a disc that hasn't been good to me, maybe 10 minutes.

unless it is a dx that I found, I won't stop. I'll be there till I find it or it is dark.

All depends on the disc. If its a disc I really like, I will search all day. If its an old DX mold that is easy to replace, 10 minutes tops.

A couple weeks ago my buddy tossed his disc into some thick brush so i helped him look. I found it 5 minutes later and it was sitting directly on top of a pro destroyer.

For me it depends on the variables, i.e. am I playing with others, and what disc was it thats MIA.
For the ones that I feel especially attached to I will look for up to an hour. After that long I usually accept its gone. The average disc that I feel could be easily replaced I'll look for a good 20-30 minutes. They maybe easily replaced but I don't like throwing money at a problem.

I'll look for quite a while, especially if I'm playing by myself or just with my gf. I'll definitely go back and look later if I have to move on during league play or when I'm playing with people who don't want to stop and look for too long. I hate leaving behind a disc, even if I know I have another disc I can replace it with.

I lost a disc the first hole of a tourney. I lost another disc the same hole a week ago, but it wasn't a tourney and looked for 20 min or they are gone.

I've looked up to an hr or so a few times and only found one after looking that long. I learned to not throw a yellow/red tie-dye in the fall! I walked right by it so many times and its fairly open course but the leaves were in full effect. It just depends on how bad I want that disc back on how long I will look if its not a tourney or the person im with will allow.