• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How long does it take to play Idlewild?

Oh man disc n dat isnt even a mile away from dicks could got a couple used disc and u could of at least had a putter. Glad you had a good time anyway.

Oh man disc n dat isnt even a mile away from dicks could got a couple used disc and u could of at least had a putter. Glad you had a good time anyway.

Doh! :doh:

Hindsight is 20-20. It may not have worked out anyway though, depending on the store hours. I didn't get to my hotel until about 9:00pm and had to play at first light to get the round in on time and still make it to my site visit on time. Dick's was basically right across the road, and I walked in as they were announcing that they were closing. I've been thinking about picking up a champ Teebird anyway, so no harm done really.

I also could have not been a dumbass and packed 3 or 4 discs like I had planned in the first place.

I also forgot to mention that I downloaded a course map and had it with me when I played the course. If I hand't have done that, I think its safe to say there would have been an extra 1/2 hour or more of looking for holes. Each tee is marked with very nice signs, but the course is not all that well marked as far as getting from one green to the next tee, and doesn't exactly have a natural flow. Especially between 4 and 5, where you have to play F in between. The basket for 4 is nowhere near the tee for 5. Not sure what the designers where thinking on this one.

I also forgot to mention that I downloaded a course map and had it with me when I played the course. If I hand't have done that, I think its safe to say there would have been an extra 1/2 hour or more of looking for holes. Each tee is marked with very nice signs, but the course is not all that well marked as far as getting from one green to the next tee, and doesn't exactly have a natural flow. Especially between 4 and 5, where you have to play F in between. The basket for 4 is nowhere near the tee for 5. Not sure what the designers where thinking on this one.

I'm guessing the basket is in the long position across the road. It used to have a shorter pin just on top of that hill before the road, so the walk to 5's tee wasn't that bad.

4's pin is a relatively new placement. It's still not very intuitive in the old position unless you look around and see a random bridge on the left early on as you walk to your lie. 12 to 13 and 13 short to 14 short are kind of wonky too.

Last edited:

Latest posts