• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How long have you played?

How long have you been playing disc golf?

• 0-1 years

Votes: 53 27.7%
  • 1-5 years

Votes: 77 40.3%
  • 6-10 years

Votes: 25 13.1%
  • 11-15 years

Votes: 13 6.8%
  • 16-20 years

Votes: 8 4.2%
  • 20+ years

Votes: 15 7.9%

• Total voters

norcaldisc

Birdie Member
Was wondering how long all you DGCRers have been playing disc.

I myself started in 1988 and never looked back. Ball golf priced me out and I was quite adept at throwing a disc.

A little over 7 years for me, but only at all regularly for the last couple years.

I chose 1-5 cause I have been playing for about 5 years, but only really serious within the last year and a half.

i started playing seriously for 3-4 months....before i quit bc of work....i stopped playing for about 9-10 months and now ive been playing a good 6-7 months since ive returned....before all this i went out with friends 1-2 times a year and played, and that kind of how i got started...so for me i put 0-1yr:)

I'm working on 5 1/2 years, but I first played back in 97'. Oh if I could have only played a round with me back then...

I voted 1-5 years. I started early in 1999 and played until 2001 with breaks in the winter. Due to life (marriage, house, new job) I took a six year break. I picked it back up in 2007 (after selling most of my plastic) and havn't looked back since. I now play year long also.

a little more than a month. once my friend taught me what I was doing and I did a little research I couldn't get enough. lol, I'm not great, but I've been catching on and picking up a lot. My discs are doing what I want them to do now for the most part

Started playing in 1978 or 1979, on object courses I laid out myself. Played a few tournaments in the early 1980s, then basically didn't play more than once every few years for about 20 years. Started playing regularly again, as my work/travel schedule allowed, about 3 years ago. So I voted 20+, but I have far fewer actual holes played than many people who've only been playing a year or two.

Me and a buddy threw lids around Lake Merritt in Oakland back in the early '70s (distance = about 3 miles, par = 23465273846592) but I really didn't start playing until the late '90s. Since then it's been an on again, off again, as-time-and-circumstances-permit love affair. Par has decreased somewhat ;)

I also played object courses starting in the mid 70s. I can still remember the shot that got me hooked. It was a long alley shot between thick pines down to a wooden light pole with a ribbon tied around it. I didn't ace it but I put it straight through the trees.

First round ever was playing backwards on a temp course at a music festival 6 years ago. I bought my first golf discs 3.3 years ago, and really started playing seriously and getting better about 2.5 years ago.